Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account, no invite button!

Solved!

Family account, no invite button!

I currently have a Spotify family account. I am the administrator and my wife has an additional account with the 50% discount. I would like to add a 3rd account.

When I go to the manage page of the family account it says the following:

"Click "invite" to offer one of your available Premium accounts to a family member."

I can not see an invite button anywhere on the page, how do I add a third account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @anthgav!

You will need to first cancel the family Premium to add another member.

When you subscribed your family, you were asked to give the number of family members.

You may not change that number of people unless you cancel and resubscribe.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I can only comment on my experience which was that all my playlists were still available after cancelling and then re-subscribing. Madness but there you go. One last point do use the same account settings.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @anthgav!

You will need to first cancel the family Premium to add another member.

When you subscribed your family, you were asked to give the number of family members.

You may not change that number of people unless you cancel and resubscribe.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Thanks, I got it sorted.

This didn't work for me. I have to say that I have never known a business make it so hard to take my money. You should be ashamed of your software, all I want to is add an account for my daughter. So I have cancelled my subscription, re-subscribed and then cancelled my son's subscription, and then re-invited him but all to no effect.

It looks like Google Play beckons.

I am having the same problem. I am using an iPad. I am afraid to "cancel" and re-sign for fear my family users will loose their playlists

this is a nightmare for a solution. wow...

Yes, that s awful...

Dumbest. "Solution". Ever.

Bonjour,

Je suis abonné à l'offre Premium Family.

J'ai déjà 2 utilisateurs (moi y compris) et je souhaiterai en rajouter un.

Dans la gestion de mon compte, je n'ai pas le bouton "Inviter" pour ajouter un membre.

Je peux juste en supprimer un.

Pouvez-vous SVP m'aider?

Cordialement

I'm concerned that if I cancel my current family subscription and create a new one so that I can add another family member, we (current members on the plan) will lose all of our playlists, saved songs, etc. Does that happen? Do we have to start from scratch when we cancel our subscription?

Marked as solution

I can only comment on my experience which was that all my playlists were still available after cancelling and then re-subscribing. Madness but there you go. One last point do use the same account settings.

Thank you for your response. I'll probably give it a try soon.

I have the same problem and can not believe in the solution, but I will try. If there is anybody reading from spotify, I have a question: did you hire your software developpers from Microsoft? In former Windows releases I had to press the Start button to stop the system. Now I have to delete the family account to add a new member. Crazy...

@anthgav wrote:

I currently have a Spotify family account. I am the administrator and my wife has an additional account with the 50% discount. I would like to add a 3rd account.

When I go to the manage page of the family account it says the following:

"Click "invite" to offer one of your available Premium accounts to a family member."

I can not see an invite button anywhere on the page, how do I add a third account?

Suggested posts