Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hack or Bug.. account keeps getting hijacked.

Solved!

Hack or Bug.. account keeps getting hijacked.

Recently I noticed at work my player would stop playing for no reason, I'd just hit play again and a few seconds later it would just stop again. Finally I noticed on my Android a message saying someone was using my account somewhere else, when I only use my android phone and PC to play music. So when I got home I figured sense I use facebook to login changing my password and logging all devices out would fix this as maybe my account got hacked. I even setup the two stage login on my Facebook account. 

Anyways fast forward a few days and my account still keeps getting highjacked randomly. Who ever it is seems to be spanish as their device has a spanish name and they mostly listen to Spanish songs, they also are using Apple devices which i dont own. 

I spent most of the day today going back and forth with who ever this person is at work as they kept interupting my music, I even noticed they have filled one of my old playlists up with unfamilar music. 

Anyway to stop this?  Getting super annoying. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Once again, try to change your password and use the logout everywhere function immediatly.

If this doesn't get them away (which it should), then I would suggest you to get in touch with Spotify so they can check it out.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Once again, try to change your password and use the logout everywhere function immediatly.

If this doesn't get them away (which it should), then I would suggest you to get in touch with Spotify so they can check it out.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Logout everywhere button is on your online account. 😉

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Good luck - my account has been hijacked twice and all Spotify does is reset my password. According to their privacy policy, Spotify does not gauruntee the protection of your username or password at any time, something to think about.

I have done this several times, still happens

Me too, Spotify are you going to step up your security, it can't be my increasingly complex passwords are being hacked on a weekly basis....

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME, TOO!! Spanish music. Connecting to "laptop-kmp1c573" and won't disconnect. I'm going to try the sign out everywhere and update my password advice to see if it works. Sigh. 

Did you get this sorted?? Same happening to me 

Suggested posts