Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

119 Replies

Come on guys,  I know that you have a UDID for all of us using spotify.

Please release the code to allow us to change our Username to our profile.

I find it a bit obsurd that you allow us to change it in the community spotify but not on our actuall accounts.

If there are isssues please just let us all know, if you can't figure it out, **bleep**!... hire me!

Anyway, have a great day and hope someone can figure out the simplist of things. 

Just another one of those,

I agree. We all pay $10+ a month for your service. Let's come to a modern system enabling us to change our username without having to change emails. Jeez.

I would like to make a new account with the same email, but a different username. Can you delete my account, then transfer data to the new one?

There is are 2 options!

1. Make a new account(i know nobody wants that, I don't even want it too

2. VOTE for this! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/1677353#M116342

I hope a lot of people will vote because it's stupid that it isn't in Spotify

Nick Palmen

Holy N*ck!

I just created a Spotify account. It never asked me for a username and now my account has a long username. One that I'll never be able to remember. How can I change it?

Hey @snenriquez,

Don't worry. That the string of characters isn't something you should need to remember. You can simply sign in with your email address, and you should be fine.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't believe that you can't change your username on Spotify, the creators need to have an update so you can change it!!! I'm mad!!!!

Unfortunately it is not possible to do so at this time. Hopefully in the future this will be a possibility!

why can't i just change my username on the acount overview page?? this spotify thing makes no sense!

what is the costmer sevice number then but when i try to look it up everywhere it says the is now number

You need to delete everything or cancel your subscription. Then, choose your username or e-mail and register by not clicking or logging in on Facebook. Don't worry about the playlist or saved songs. Just remember songs/artist or depends on your vibe what you like/love listening to.

▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀

Hey @i_hanjo

To get in touch with them, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

i dont underatand 

That is untrue. At least presently. I tried that alrady and when you're creating a new account there ISN'T an option to create your own username, Spotify assigns you one automatically, and yes, it is one of those ridicuous ones!!

how

And how do I get in contact with Spotify customer support?

Hey @MagdaKild

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

**bleep**!

@Josh wrote:

Hello!

Right now there is no way to change your username 😕 As described here. You can create a new account with the username you want and then send a contact form request to have your old playlists transferred over 🙂 

1. Can't get my songs on Apple Watch
  2. Can't change my username

Two simple features that even ME could implement to their system if I was working for them.

I'm living. Hello Apple Music.

My username is skf673hjdfs7se0fdvxswj or something like dat so plz he|p

Suggested posts