Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

hey there,

i'm a big fan of thee weekly playlist, but - i really don't know why - spotify decided to use a picture of my ex which was a couple of months ago in my facebook album. this maybe petty, but for me it's more than annoying.

is there any chance to change this, or to reset the cache so it doesn't take this picture?

thanks for your help, community!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLUTION

Hello there, it finally worked! Thanks again to the Spotify Support Center, they answered pretty fast and were very friendly!

Mail 1

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly removed. Don't worry, we're here to help.

Discover Weekly is a personalized playlist of songs we think you’ll love. It’s as unique as you are! So we also use your unique Facebook profile picture as the cover (if your Spotify account is connected to Facebook).

Don’t worry; your image isn’t used on any other playlist. If you want to hide the Discover Weekly playlist, just right click it and select Make Secret.

If you don’t want your picture used for your Discover Weekly playlist, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.

Click Spotify (for Mac) or File (for Windows) in the menu bar.
Select Preferences.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Click Disconnect again to confirm.
Please allow some time for the changes to be reflected on your account.

Note: If you created your account using Facebook, you can’t disconnect it from Facebook.

(It worked for me, but only in the playlist itself, the thumbnail on other pages were still the same. So i asked for further help.)

Mail 2

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Alright, we have another way of trying to fix this. Please Connect your account to your Facebook profile again and when you do, the playlist should update to your current Profile Photo.

The update would become effective on Monday (tomorrow). Please give it a try and let us know how that goes! We'll be right here to help you out if you need us 🙂

We hope to hear back from you soon. And if you have any questions, you can count on us.

I connected the profile again and after a few days - everything worked!

I hope it'll also help you.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your comments here. We are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

If you have a Spotify-created account that’s linked to Facebook, could we ask you to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify account? We would advise leaving your Spotify disconnected from Facebook for at least a week or two. This will revert your Discover Weekly to the default picture.

Once this happens, re-link your Spotify to Facebook and it should change to your current Facebook profile picture within a few days

Marked as solution

Uninstall your Spotify
Go to Facebook>Settings>Account Settings>Apps>Logged in Facebook>Search Spotify>Remove App.

Then install Spotify.
Log-in using Facebook.

Tada! I hope it will work for you.

69 Replies

Discover Weekly should adjust to your latest Profile Picture. So feel free to log out and in of Spotify.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Hi there, I'm having the same problem as the OP (photo of my ex as well haha), and I've tried logging out of all devices and back in and it's not helping. I've also tried changing my fb photo multiple times, restarting my computer, and signing in on new devices. Nothing has worked so far 😕

Haha, i am not the only one! Yes, it didn't worked for me as well. I deleted every cache, every picture, but nothing has changed.

Hi @DoriLori,

If youv'e changed your FB profile picture, Discover Weekly playlist will update your picture too. Normally, it takes a few days. If not, you may try clearing cache, reinstalling the app. If it still doesn't work you can create a new account and have your playlists and music transferred over. Or, you can get in touch with customer support, they'll be able to update it for you. https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

Sounds good! Thanks for the advice. I'll try it tomorrow!

Hey guys and girls, short update: I contacted the spotify help center, and now i'm waiting for the answer. i'll write as soon as i got any answers!

Marked as solution

SOLUTION

Hello there, it finally worked! Thanks again to the Spotify Support Center, they answered pretty fast and were very friendly!

Mail 1

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly removed. Don't worry, we're here to help.

Discover Weekly is a personalized playlist of songs we think you’ll love. It’s as unique as you are! So we also use your unique Facebook profile picture as the cover (if your Spotify account is connected to Facebook).

Don’t worry; your image isn’t used on any other playlist. If you want to hide the Discover Weekly playlist, just right click it and select Make Secret.

If you don’t want your picture used for your Discover Weekly playlist, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.

Click Spotify (for Mac) or File (for Windows) in the menu bar.
Select Preferences.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Click Disconnect again to confirm.
Please allow some time for the changes to be reflected on your account.

Note: If you created your account using Facebook, you can’t disconnect it from Facebook.

(It worked for me, but only in the playlist itself, the thumbnail on other pages were still the same. So i asked for further help.)

Mail 2

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Alright, we have another way of trying to fix this. Please Connect your account to your Facebook profile again and when you do, the playlist should update to your current Profile Photo.

The update would become effective on Monday (tomorrow). Please give it a try and let us know how that goes! We'll be right here to help you out if you need us 🙂

We hope to hear back from you soon. And if you have any questions, you can count on us.

I connected the profile again and after a few days - everything worked!

I hope it'll also help you.

I've even found the cache photo in Spotify Browser caches. Replaced it with something proper (new one's photo haha)  but again after a while Spotify decided restore the old. 

Spotify Browser Cache:  ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Browser/ (for macos)

I have this same exact issue however I cannot unlink my Facebook. My main picture is my current Facebook one but the discover weekly refuses to change. I'd really prefer to not see my ex constantly. I'd appreciate any help!

Hi, I've changed my profile pic multipe times and it has been this way for MONTHS (also a pic of me and my ex). Is there any way the picture option can just go away? One should have the autonomy to change the pic of their own freewill instead of having to wait (for months) and logging off and on and it not doing anything...

Is this acting up? I'm trying to figure out a way as well

I have the same problem. I have not been able to unlink the two accounts because I signed up with facebook. It's very frustrating 😞

Same as all of the above. It can't be that difficult to make the albums cover dynamic and change with your current profile pic.

Hi any help here? I have the same problem too! It's frustrating to see your ex on the discover weekly cover! I already tried all the steps you also try, but it's still not working. I've created my spotify using my fb account. 😔

I am having a similar problem and facebook is directly linked to my account. 

I have tried logging out and back in as well as restarting and reinstalling. 

I've got the same problem as those above me. I've created my account through facebook, so unlinking facebook is not an option. I have changed my profile picture multiple times on facebook and the discovered weekly is still a picture of my ex. If spotify is unable to update the discover weekly playlist photo automatically, we should at least have the option to update it ourselves.

I have the same problem! very frustrating I have changed my profile piture multiple times on facebook over the last 6 months but my discovery picture wont change and I can't un-link facebook as I created the account through facebook. Please fix this to update the same as my spotify profile as that changes properly.

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm in the exact same boat...  staring at a pic of me and my ex... 

Sadly, I havent. I've made a new spotify account 😕

Suggested posts