Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way for me to bypass the free trial and immediately pay for the Student Discount?

Is there any way for me to bypass the free trial and immediately pay for the Student Discount?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I paid for the regular Subscription on a previous account taking the free trial without realizing it was the wrong account and wrong plan. Since then, I've cancelled the plan on that account and permanently closed it. I want to subscribe for the Student Discount on this account but the error message "It looks like you’ve taken a trial before, which means you aren’t eligible for this offer. But you can still get Subscribe to Premium for Students." keeps popping up when I go to make a payment. I click the link because it says that plan is still available to me, but it does not work. I do not care for the free trial, I just want to subscribe to Student Spotify. I realize this may be an issue with using the same credit card on both accounts but is there any way for me to bypass the free trial and immediately pay for the Student Discount on Spotify?

4 Replies

Hey, @isabelleftw 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You are not able to redeem the free trial, because you've already taken it using this same card. However, you can ask for the Student discount normally... Are you experiencing any issue when trying to get access to your discount? 

Let me know!

Best Regards, 

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am already verified as a student.

The message "It looks like you’ve taken a trial before, which means you aren’t eligible for this offer. But you can still get Subscribe to Premium for Students." every time I try to make a payment. I click the link "Subscribe to Premium for Students" because it says that plan is still available to me, but it just sends me back to the same page for the Discount Subscription. It's an endless cycle of me inputting my payment information, not having the payment go thru due to the error message, clicking the link in the error message, then doing it all over again. 

I've tried doing it on incognito, mobile, and different links through googling the Student Discount page and through my own account. The message is the same everytime. 

annoyin.png

Hey again, @isabelleftw 

Is there the possibility that you try to use another card as payment method? Even if you just use it on the first month...

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts