Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library Song Limit

Solved!

Library Song Limit

Spotify staff-

I recently reached the 10,000 song limit in my library, which is a great disappointment.  As a loyal customer for over 3 years, I have thoroughly enjoyed your product, so much that I have shifted to using it as my main source of music collection.  There must be some way that you can enable "super users" to continue to file and organize their music over this arbitrary limit.  

There may not be many of us, but (and this should be obvious) those of us that actually reach this limit are your core constituents.  We are passionate about music and your product, and I can tell you that I have gotten at least 20 people to sign up to Spotify Premium over the past couple of years as I have raved about it.  I will continue to do so, with the caveat that Spotify just isn't yet ready to become a full-fledged music library of record for musical aficianados, much to my disappointment.

One more thought: You may find interest in the creation of some type of super user account that would allow you to charge SLIGHTLY more for those of us who desire or require a higher song limit (say, unlimited...) without having to alter the accounts of your millions of users.  Bottom line is that unlimited should mean unlimited, especially in this age of big data, but a 10,000 song cap with no alternative is absurd.

Thanks

271 Replies

Like he gives a f*ck...

I recently heard about a fairly new service that is strictly for classical music: IDAGIO.com. I tried it recently and it seems really good. The selection is quite ample, though not quite as broad as Spotify. For example, they didn’t have the labels that piazzolla recorded on primarily. But my test of less heard music included Geminiani, and they had many albums.

The best part: their limit is 30,000 tracks - triple what Spotify offers. The price is about the same.  I think that their highest quality stream may be better than spotify’s. All I need is a slight push to induce me to make the effort of selecting everything I have over again, e.g. another "Epic collection, friend..." notification.

Check out indagio.com if you are a classical music lover. Spotify: listen up!

I recently moved over the google music

But they have 1,000 song limit on playlists - that's enough for me to not use them

FWIW I have 9,000 song playlists on spotify and not being able to listen to that is just ridiculous

I tried apple music, but it doesn't cooperate with google chromecasts etc. so that's a straight nope from me

Spotify also has issues when shuffling to a chromecast/googlehome where it only shuffles within a 100 song section of a playlist (there's another thread on that on the forums, too - an issue that's been around at least 18 months and no fix)

I'm just fed up of different services all being inadequate. I'm going to try a few more and see which one is best, but so far spotify is definitely the lesser of three evils

i'm rapidly approaching the limit and i can tell this is about to become incredibly frustrating. please sort it out???

I am also very frustrated with the 10,000 song limit. I would be willing to pay for extra space. It would be great to offer this option. 

Seems the best way is the old way. Buy a big mutha f*king harddrive/SD, store any music you want with no restrictions, no limits, be allowed to create playlists, shuffle your music and be happy 🙂

Or use Tidal, since migrating all my playlists have not come across the barriers I had with Spotify.

Tidal is slightly more expensive (and even more expensive if you want the audiophile package - which I'd be tempted by tbh)

Plus, my service provider has an entertainment pack that includes data-free streaming of music with either iheartradio, google play music or spotify (I think maybe apple music is included too, but that was a horrible experience)

If/when it becomes a part of the package I'd seriously consider it, but I don't want to pay more per month for a new service and then on top of that have to be cautious about my data as I listen a lot while on the road/travelling to and from work etc.

FWIW I did have a play around with Tidal and I really like the UI, but some of the songs I wanted to check out were missing so that's also a bit of a dampener

I love the irony of this thread - it's become a bit of a sharing experience of alternative streaming services between users who are disatisfied with spotify.  It would be like a bunch of people in line at the bank complaining and discussing alternatives (ratbher loudly) while the manager and staff are well within earshot, but their ignorance means they won't listen and simply ignore the probelm then wonder why in a few years time that all their customers are gone

Nice one:

I love the irony of this thread - it's become a bit of a sharing experience of alternative streaming services between users who are disatisfied with spotify.  It would be like a bunch of people in line at the bank complaining and discussing alternatives (ratbher loudly) while the manager and staff are well within earshot, but their ignorance means they won't listen and simply ignore the probelm then wonder why in a few years time that all their customers are gone

I wouldn't agree with "paying more" for this.

Why should we?

It's just an established limit. Not a real/physical, "hard to solve", limit. 

I'd say it's more of a support group. We share our pain and feel slightly better when we realize we are not the only one with this problem.

100% agree! Spotify should increase the Song limit! Or just remove the limit!

I try using Amazon Musik and it works fine at the moment i use both, but in near Future when i have switch all my Playlist to Amazon Musik i will stay there it it also cheeper if you have Amazon P.rime (EU)

I am a long time Google Music subscriber and was considering switching over to Spotify. I'm less than two weeks into my trial and was pretty sold on switching, so I started copying my playlists over and adding to my library. I've already reached the 10,000 limit! This is a dealbreaker.

Agree too... it's stupid and it's a big problem... Need remove the limit! 😞

Remove the song limit Spotify!!!

I have also hit hte limit. It's the only music library software I have ever used that limits the amount of music you can have in your own library. It's actually really absurd and depressing. Apple doesn't have this problem. Google doesn't have this problem. It's ridiculous.

just had to empty my spotify library- really sad, this sucks

Yeah, I don't pay this company monthly to have an un-advertised limit. It makes no sense, they are esesntially bookmarks and help analytics for the automated daily playlists and such to play good music for me depening on my mood, etc. 

Limiting the amount of data I can give it is asinine. Not to mention the inconvenience that now I can't discover new music and am penalized if I want to try to. They need to fix this. 

Ever since I hit the song limit, my use has gone dramatically down. What I
loved about Spotify the most, was precisely that it enabled me to browse,
discovering new, related music and save it for the future (also to built on
that library). It's a bit sad this asset isn't there anymore. I wished they
had mentioned the Limit from the start. I might have organized the music
differently etc. Which would have helped a little bit. But I don't have the
time to do that retroactively. I also don't really understand why it would
eat up too much of their server storage to save out 'likes'.

Suggested posts