Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Web player

Operating System

Windows 10, Linux Mint

My Question or Issue

I can't login using google account. My profile was created with google email address, spotify password is remembered by google account, but when i'm trying to "continue with google" spotify sends error that my google account is not connected with any spotify profile. 

How to fix it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Arek90,

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend using the steps provided here to make sure you're logging in the correct way.

As far as i know there isn't a current option of signing in with Google (you can create the account though).

Try logging in using your email and password on the regular email log in fields.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Arek90,

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend using the steps provided here to make sure you're logging in the correct way.

As far as i know there isn't a current option of signing in with Google (you can create the account though).

Try logging in using your email and password on the regular email log in fields.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have the same issue.  I can login manually using my email and password by typing it in but the convenient 'continue with google' button always gives me an error message that this account does not exist. I have a premium account in the us.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.53.17 PM.png

Hi @perfekt930 & @Arek90,

Currently the "Continue with Google" button is there for accounts that have been created after signing up using the "sign up with Google" option.

If you haven't signed up for a Spotify account via this option, clicking "continue with Google" won't work - this would be the reason for the issue presented.

Feel free reading more about changes made on the app on this article,

Rest assure your feedback will be passed on the the right Spotify teams.

Hope this shines some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

That is very disappointing.

Spotify should enable google sign in feature when using a google mail address in Spotify.

Other sites are able to do that, Spotify should be as well

Hey @faisbuk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In Spotify it's now possible to sign in with a Google account. You'll find all the details in this article. Keep in mind that this option is just for accounts created using a Google account. 

However, if you want to use the Google login with a non Google-created existing account, a similar idea has already been suggested here and it's actually with the Status of Live Idea. We’d recommend adding your +Vote and subscribe to it to be aware of any update about it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Although I connect to my account with my Gmail from computer in my mobile I can't either with connect with Google account or just putting my email and psw.

Hi @matsos13,  

Thanks for getting in touch with us via Community 🙂

If you have some login issues please double check if you are currently in the country that indicated on your Spotify account. For example, if you use the free version of Spotify and you aren’t in the country specified in your account, the service will only be available to you for up to 14 days. If the country there doesn't match the one you’re located in, please change it using the steps here. After that try logging in one more time and keep us posted!

Wishing you an amazing day,

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I went on app and says it don't comply with googles policies

Hi @moneymike,

Thanks for reaching out. Have the other troubleshooting steps not worked thus far?

As a next step, can you please try removing Google from the apps on your Spotify account page? If that doesn't help, please ask a family member or a friend to try and connect their Spotify account and see if it's working as expected.

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator

so because i didn't click on the option through sign in with google i will never be able to use that option? you guys should've let us know beforehand this is really frustrating since i log out and log in multiple times it creates an inconvenience for me and for others as well. i'm still wondering when i will be able to use that option considering i'm not going to make a new account to use that feature.

Hey @3eankim,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're happy to say that you can now connect your Google profile with your Spotify account using the steps here.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts