Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account is hacked, please help!

Solved!

My premium account is hacked, please help!

My account seems to be hijacked by someone and I was able to log in through Facebook but not change password or email, because I needed the current password. 

I am currently paying for a premium account that I have no access to. Could you help me get my account back!

156 Replies

HELP!

My Spotity has been hacked as well. Email address was changed today, thus making it impossible for me to retrieve the account on my own.

I have been able to log into the account via Facebook but that will most likely not last much longer. I have not received any response from Spotify customer service.

<snip-moderator edit>

My account is missing! I have a premium account under the username <snip-moderator edit> and it is not linked to Facebook and I have been trying to login but I can't seem to access my account online or through Spotify. Please help ASAP.

<snip-moderator edit>

Update! I'm on Spotify login on safari and it's saying that my account just flat out doesn't exist. <snip-moderator edit> I can't access my account and I just recently paid for my account and really want to listen to my tunes.

I have two accounts. One is tied to my email address and the other I started with my Facebook profile when I got my PS4. The one attached to my Facebook profile got hacked. Whoever did it put in their email address and created a password so now I can access the profile but not make any changes. I cancelled the Paypal authorization but now some douche is using my premium account for the next ten days or so until the current subscription runs out. I've used the contact form twice with no reply. Also, the ticket info is going to the email of whoever stole the account. That this can even happen is ridiculous. I don't care if the account is deleted, I just want to get my Facebook page removed from it because now I can't even link it to my original acct. 

<snip-moderator edit>

I don't recognise the email address, password or DOB in my profile either. I log in through Facebook, so I've never noticed until I started getting reminders about updating my payment card.

What that means is that I cannot have a conversation with Spotify Support about my account, as they have the wrong email address for me (and I can't change it because a different password has been entered too!!)

What's going on, Spotify? And why can't you offer telephone support?

Me too! Cant get rid of them there deleting my playlist and friends and using it all the time

I tweeted @SpotifyCares and they sorted it out for me within three or four hours

My account was hacked too<snip-moderator edit>

My account has just been hacked, email and password changed but I can still log in through Facebook! This is really annoying as I'm having to change all my passwords for different companies as I'm worried they'll get hacked.<snip-moderator edit>

<snip-moderator edit>

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It happend to me aswell that I was hacked, two e-mails and one form with no reply in three days. I'm not the person to get pissy about these things but when a paying customer gets no help in three days thats about the criteria for me getting pissy about it.

Spotify got back to me re: my hacked account. Please note that they LOCKED ME OUT of my account. They won't even investigate with all the very specific (links!) information unless I do this, but I have no way of knowing any of this info without looking at my account.

@user-removed

Look for any receipts you might have received in your email accounts. In them, you'll find all the information they need.

osorniosSpotify Star

Can't use the contact form -- my account now has someone else's email address on it.

Hey @bethayer

I'd recommend adding your contact email in the query bit of the contact form.

The team will be able to reply to the address of your choice 🙂

<snip-moderator edit>

osorniosSpotify Star

Im experiencing the same thing right now. someone keeps switching playback to their device and kicking me out. Ive logged out every where and changed my fb password and its still happening. I sent spotify a message early this morning and its now after lunch and no response. Ready to switch

@paul-wade

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Right but who ever this is is messing with my playlists I don't want to wait 24 hours and hope they don't mess up all my stuff.

Suggested posts