Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS Extra Discount

NUS Extra Discount

Hey,

I got my NUS Extra card and I want to use it to subscribe to Spotify Premium and have 50% discount. My Spotify account is registered as being from Portugal but right now I'm living and studying in the UK (Spotify is only available for 14 days when you are abroad). That's why I decided to get Spotify Premium and ordered NUS Extra.

However, when I'm trying to subscribe to Spotify Premium using my NUS card, after I choose my payment method and click continue, it goes back again to the page to choose the payment method. Right now I don't have any credit card linked to my Spotify account and I can't add one because it asks me to choose a subscription and shows me the prices in euros without the discount. 

I also tried to change the country in my account and it won't let me.

What should I do? 

5 Replies

Hey 🙂 

You should be able to change your country by entering your payment details (without subscribing) from this page. Be aware, your Spotify country and your payment card must be registered in the same country, so you will need a UK issued payment card to subscribe using NUS. 

Once you get it changed to UK, you should be able to go through the NUS discount subscription pages.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for your reply. Do I really need a UK issued payment card? I don't want to open a bank account in the UK 😕  Is there any other way? Will paypal work? It doesn't make sense for me to be able to get the NUS Extra card but not get the discount because my bank account is not in the UK. The NUS Extra card should be proof enough that I'm living in the UK because I can only do it if I'm registered in one university in the UK. I really need help on this. Besides, when I click the link you gave me, it asks me to log in and when I do it and it redirects me to a page where I need to choose a subscription :s

@user-removed wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Do I really need a UK issued payment card? I don't want to open a bank account in the UK 😕  Is there any other way? Will paypal work? It doesn't make sense for me to be able to get the NUS Extra card but not get the discount because my bank account is not in the UK. The NUS Extra card should be proof enough that I'm living in the UK because I can only do it if I'm registered in one university in the UK. I really need help on this. Besides, when I click the link you gave me, it asks me to log in and when I do it and it redirects me to a page where I need to choose a subscription :s

Unfortunately you will need a UK payment method, as you have to have a UK registered account in order to use an NUS card - and if you have a UK account the only payment method the system will accept is a UK card (which is in place to stop people paying for subscriptions abroad where they are cheaper).

Peter

Peter

Thank you for your help. 

I know it's not you you controls this stuff but that procedure just doesn't make sense at all. I am here for one year to study on an exchange programe. If I ordered an NUS card and I'm entitled to it - in order to get a NUS card I have to be studying in one universitie in the UK - it doesn't make sense at all for them to ask me to pay with a UK credit card just to make sure I'm living here... Of course I'm living here... otherwise how could I have a NUS Extra card valid for one year? Having the NUS Extra card should be proof enough. This is really unfair and makes me regret buying the NUS Extra card.

All I can suggest is drop customer services an email here and see if there is anything they can do for you. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts