Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

I'm having the same issue-My username displays as 1233032796 and I can't view my own profile or the people that I follow. Is there any fix available?

Hi Jack

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and I have been experiencing the exact same issue - live activity feed not working just black, and my username as an algorithm and profile pic blank. its been 2 days now! When can this be fixed?

No fix on customer end it appears - just need to wait for Spotify to get it back up and running.

I can assure you after seeing their offices in the past the top people will be working on this.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, i've just encountered the same issue. So annoying because i cant send music to my friends. Waiting for a fix

(fyi re-installing, logging out and in, logging in with facebook all don't work!)

Same here! :S

I appreciate that the Spotify crew is working on this, but wonder if there is an ETA of when it will hopefully be resolved? 

I am having the same issue with the activity feed, profile search, and profile viewing. In addition, I cannot search for artists. Would appreciate an update about how long it will take to fix the issue! Thanks.

I don't think they have an update. If they do, they're not letting anyone in on it. This e-mail was sent this morning at 7 am.

spotify.JPG

It doesn't seem that there are any fixes we can do as end users so we have to wait for Spotify to fix it on their end.    It's a bit disappointing but I realize Spotify is working on the issue.  I was at a music discovery event last night and some people wanted to add me via the Spotify app but my account was all goofed up.

twitter: @indiesongaday
1 song per band - indie rock playlist (800+ songs)
Emerging Indie artists recommendations

Welp, it's day 3, Spotify. Same issues -- no Activity Feed, ads and recommendations frozen, and the social aspect of the site pretty much effed. 

I would love to see Premium subscribers venting their much-justified anger at this. How does it feel to be paying for nothing?

Can anyone imagine if Netflix simply did not work for 3 days in a row? Or Gmail? If your cellphone service was interrupted for 3 days? 

It's very difficult to fathom that after three days there is not even an ETA on this.

I am not a Premium subscriber, so I don't pay directly for my service, but I look at and listen to advertisements, I also occasionally respond to the ads, because they are almost never outside my areas of demographic interest. Ordinarily, these ads drive revenue to Spotify. I'm not looking at or listening to those ads right now, however, because Spotify is broken and has been for THREE DAYs. 

Please fix this.

As of right now, my profile name is showing, but all the playlists are very slow to load, the activity feed doesn't load at all [shocking], and there are no header graphics showing in playlists, no albums on the artist pages, the album pages are totally blank, until the "album not found" graphic appears, and everthing is loading very very slowly to the point of being unusable.

OTOH, the old 0.8.3 version is working, due to its native views.  But still no activity feed there either.

If you're on Premium and need a quck fix, Spotiamp is working fine, or temporatily install an old version, like 0.8.3 or 0.8.5.  You can't install these over the new versions, uninstall, then reinstall.  Old versions are available on Filehorse.com.  If prompted to update, don't restart until this problem is resolved.  You can always go to the spotify folder and delete the update files, they have "new" in the file names.  There are two files to delete.

Back to 0.8.3 for me.  🙂

Sooo....no updates?

Besides my profile info not showing, I can't look up any music on Spotify anymore... I can only play stuff from my Playlist. That's far more of a pain than just not being able to get to my profile. Are the two issues linked?

Hi Spotify team, 

Any updates to share on a fix? +1 Playlists fail to load on the web player since yesterday.

It is frustrating as a premium member, going on day 3 of nothing, but I think Spotify knows that everyone is pissed off and just getting a ton of messages about it isn't gong to help them fix the problem any quicker. 

I am happy that I can still listen to my playlists, even though the social side is screwed up.

I do hope that Spotify will compensate all their members who are experiencing this in some way, but I am not threatening to leave the program if they don't. I choose to believe that they are a business who is customer service oriented. I might possibly stop telling people about the app and giving them free marketing.

But, I'll stay as I have yet to find anything better and this is the first time I've run into problems. 

Also, I cannot share tracks to social media.

Also, I cannot share tracks to social media.

Hey everybody – as of about two minutes ago, everything is working for me again! My profile picture/name just corrected, and my Activity feed is starting to fill up again.

I started a new thread about this because a few people said they'd "stumbled on" this thread or where unclear about the status of the problems. Regardless of where you post, those of you who are experiencing problems should definitely keep discussing this and complaining. 

Mine is also working right now! And just minutes after I started a grumpy new thread about how nothing was working.

OMG...

I'm Neo.

Suggested posts