[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Raven1111
Roadie

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

196 Replies

FrancoCG16

Saaaameeeee problem!! :((

since yesterday it's just like this is my feed in blank and that's supposed to be my profile... blank... and my name just numbers :'(..

spotify.png

eltinoman

Same problem here.. :S

Bahger
Regular

There is no excuse for messing up profile details (resulting in no user data, no photo and user name showing up as a number in the Spotify UI) and even less of an excuse for not acknowledging the problem, which is widespread.

I like Spotify but I don't love it.  I have always found the PC interface to be temperamental and poorly engineered and the design clunky.

Spotify is supposed to be a social music network.  How can this issue not have been fixed, or even acknowledged?  I am now going to use an iTunes link to an album on Facebook, not Spotify.

Spotify, you have until Friday to fix this before I uninstall and choose another music streaming service.  And I will not be coming back.

Grace
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone, 

We're looking into this as we speak and we'll let everyone know as soon as we have an update. 

We really appreciate your patience with this and have our best guys working on a fix. 

christybuena
Casual Listener

Hi Grace,

Has the issue been resolved? I'm currently experiencing the same problem, although five months later. Hope there's a fix!

Darkmage
Casual Listener

Having this problem for a week now i'm new on spotify and i can't share the songs i listen to on FB ffs it seems it is happening for years now get your stuff together spotify..

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

Thank you for replying so quickly, Peter. I really appreciate it. I submitted a ticket two days ago, so I'll keep watching for a response from the support team, then.

Peter__
Community Legend
@user-removed - Just make sure you have replied directly to the automated email and someone should definitely be in touch. If you don't hear anything back by end of play tomorrow, give me a shout here with your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to investigate for you. 🙂

Peter

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi Peter, I'm hoping you can help me, please. I did what you said regarding contacting Spotify's support team, but they have not been helpful. I've received two copy + pasted responses that say that I deactivated my Facebook account and need to make a new account. My Facebook account is active, though, and I've never deactivated it. Do I really need to close my Spotify account and remake a new one? I'm very frustrated and exhausted by this. My case number is #01673030. Can you help me, please?

Peter__
Community Legend
Unfortunately I don't work for Spotify, but stick at support they will get to the bottom of it.

If you have twitter, Spotify support on Twitter @SpotifyCares normally reply much faster. 😉

Peter

Peter__
Community Legend
This issue was resolved a while back. What is your Spotify username/number and I will just check your profile?

Peter

1167Vero

Yesterday shut down issues on PC.
Today I no longer am able to get on spotify on my PC
However I can at facebook, but this is a different user number and my playlists are no longer visible

christybuena
Casual Listener

Having the same problem and my name shows up as a string of numbers: 12850554 Grr! I've re-installed on both desktop AND mobile to no avail.

Peter__
Community Legend
@christybuena - That profile is showing as connected to Facebook for me (real name "Christy *****).

Are you connecting via a network that Facebook is blocked on?

Peter

christybuena
Casual Listener

Hi Peter,

It looks like my activity feed is showing me as a string of numbers. (See attachment). 

Thanks!

spotify_profile_numbers.jpg

Peter__
Community Legend
Whose account are you accessing that feed from? Looks more like a localised issue with that client rather than it being an issue with your Spotify profile.

You can definitely see your account is connected correctly here:
https://play.spotify.com/user/12850554

Peter

laurenklatt
Regular

Sooo....no updates?

DJSmooth
Roadie

I've reinstalled and it didn't work, my activity feed is blank, no notifications, profile page is still blank. Hope a fix is soon, I'm a paying subscriber and these kinds of things are happening way too frequently.  If I am paying for a service it should work as promised, there is never any mention of prorating our montly fee for all the days we are not getting what we pay for. The answer is always reinstall, well that didn't work so now what?

chaddd
Regular

Problem persists today. Last night I got two updates to my Activity Feed (a friend appeared to play two songs), but then it was blank again, without the "residual" activity entries that are usually there. This morning, I got a little message inside the otherwise blank Activity Feed window that said (something like) "Your people aren't loading properly right now" and there was a RETRY button. The RETRY button did not work. 

I reinstalled Spotify per the provided instructions and it does not appear to have addressed any of the problems -- I have no profile pic, no profile name (just my account number), a blank Activity Feed, my profile info will not load, and my followers show up as numbers. However, with the reload, my ads and Discover recommendations have refreshed (I had a Shakira banner all day yesterday, and now I get a Skrillex banner). 

Per the Spotify team's recommendation, I tried play.spotify.com and the web player appeared to have the same problems, largely. Although my profile pic and Facebook name displayed properly in the window on the left, when I clicked on it, my profile info would NOT load (it looks like it's trying to load but it remains blank). Also, in the web player, my playlists display as perpetually "Loading..." 

DJSmooth
Roadie

tried the web player and none of my playlists will load and pretty much having the same problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS