Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

It seems fine now Joe.

Thanks a lot!

zxcv.png

Yup 🙂

Certain friends of mine are showing up as numbers. Tried restarting and same problem. 

Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638C

This is likely due to a temporary communication issue between spotify and facebook and normally sorts itself out over a couple of days.

Hi Grace,

Has the issue been resolved? I'm currently experiencing the same problem, although five months later. Hope there's a fix!

This issue was resolved a while back. What is your Spotify username/number and I will just check your profile?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having the same problem and my name shows up as a string of numbers: 12850554 Grr! I've re-installed on both desktop AND mobile to no avail.

@christybuena - That profile is showing as connected to Facebook for me (real name "Christy *****).

Are you connecting via a network that Facebook is blocked on?

Peter

Hi Peter,

It looks like my activity feed is showing me as a string of numbers. (See attachment). 

Thanks!

spotify_profile_numbers.jpg

Whose account are you accessing that feed from? Looks more like a localised issue with that client rather than it being an issue with your Spotify profile.

You can definitely see your account is connected correctly here:
https://play.spotify.com/user/12850554

Peter

Having this problem for a week now i'm new on spotify and i can't share the songs i listen to on FB ffs it seems it is happening for years now get your stuff together spotify..

Yesterday shut down issues on PC.
Today I no longer am able to get on spotify on my PC
However I can at facebook, but this is a different user number and my playlists are no longer visible

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here, please? I started using Spotify a few weeks ago, and my account has never shown my username or profile picture. I'm just a string of numbers - 12147594202. It has only ever shown up like this, whether I access Spotify on my work computer, tablet, or android phone. I joined by connecting through Facebook. When I look at my account information (like where I can monitor my premium subscription), I can see my real name & Facebook picture, but that information isn't public facing. 

Can someone help me with my account, please? Or at least direct me to the best place for getting more information? I would really, really appreciate it!

spotify.png
Marked as solution

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter

Thank you for replying so quickly, Peter. I really appreciate it. I submitted a ticket two days ago, so I'll keep watching for a response from the support team, then.

@user-removed - Just make sure you have replied directly to the automated email and someone should definitely be in touch. If you don't hear anything back by end of play tomorrow, give me a shout here with your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to investigate for you. 🙂

Peter

Hola, estoy esperando que alguien me puede ayudar, por favor? Empecé a usar Spotify hace unas semanas, y mi cuenta nunca ha mostrado mi nombre de usuario o la foto de perfil. Soy sólo una cadena de números. Si puedo acceder a Spotify en mi equipo de trabajo, tablet o teléfono Android. Me uní a conectarse a través de Facebook. Cuando miro a la información de mi cuenta, puedo ver mi verdadero nombre y foto de Facebook, pero esa información no está dirigida al público. ¿Puede alguien ayudarme con mi cuenta, por favor? Gracias!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, please? I started using Spotify a few weeks ago, and my account has never shown my username or profile picture. I'm just a string of numbers. If I can access Spotify on my work computer, tablet or Android phone. I joined to connect through Facebook. When I look at my account information, I can see my real name and Facebook photo, but that information is not directed to the public. Can anyone help me with my account, please? Thank you!!

What is your numerical username?

Peter

I signed up with facebook  @peter

Suggested posts