Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast verification Code to Email

Solved!

Podcast verification Code to Email

Hi, 

My podcast was removed from Spotify for some reason, and while trying to re-add it, I'm stuck at the 8-digit verification code stage, as it doesn't seem to be sending to my registered email address?... 

Can you help please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@paddycrosse 

Yes, in the article you can find an email address to reach out to Spotify regarding your issue. It should be at the bottom of the FAQ page. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @paddycrosse 

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Have tried that, and i'm not sure what difference it would have made anyway really... But after trying it on three different devices, (mac and windows), the verfication code doesn't seem to send to my registered email address.

Is there any way I could check what email address it is sending to? 

@paddycrosse 

You should check out this Spotify for Podcasters FAQ article for more info on how to double check the email address used for verification and how to correct it, if needed.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

Nope, hasn't helped at all, I'm not receiving any email for the code to the email account I used to set it up.

I'm still not clear as to why my podcast was removed without reason in the first place...

I should also mention, i'm getting notfications from this to my email account, but still can't get the 8-digit code for some bizarre reason.

Is there any way to contact support for podcast issues on Spotify?... 

Hello?

Marked as solution

@paddycrosse 

Yes, in the article you can find an email address to reach out to Spotify regarding your issue. It should be at the bottom of the FAQ page. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Which hosting provider are you using? I had the same problem with Soundcloud, and all I had to do was to go to Settings > Content > Select email to show on public information.

Hope it helps 🙂

this is it bois
thanks broski

Hi 

I have the same issue I double check that my email was activated too and nothing. I’m getting frustrated with this send code issue.

I just reviewed the issue  and is not with spotify.

Go to your podcast provider and close to the RSS link of the podcast should be a blank for you to enter the EMAIL associated with that  RSS Link (podcast episode) enter the email associated and then it will work. In the Send Code Option you will see that your email will be there. I hope this help.

I have the same problem. my Gmail is right but I am not receiving the verification code for my podcast. help?! it is not the podcast maker, witch is anchor. it is either Spotify or Gmail.

Go to your podcast provider 

in the podcast section of the recorded episode you should see a email for public feed,   you will need to enter your email address in there so your provider can communicate with Spotify. Is not Spotify is just that you need to enter your email below the FEED RSS. 

Same issue here.
Feed URL is ok, Email address is correct but I never receive the verification code. Also changed the email address but the problem persists.

How can I receive the verification code? An email to the podcasters email won't help as they don't answer. 

Suggested posts