Announcements

Popup podcast notifications in app -

Highlighted

Popup podcast notifications in app -

Regular

I recently registered for a premium account. The experience has been pretty good, but  i've noticed that i'm getting a popup in the ios app suggesting content (like a sponsored podcast) that I have to dismiss before i start listening to music. This is quite annoying and very disappointing that I'm receiving advertising despite paying for a premium service, and to be frank it's making me want to stop using spotify altogether.

How can I disable these popups? 

26 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Getting Popups with Premium

i am having exactly the same issue, its mainly advertising podcasts. I dont want this happening. Spotify, there appears to be a number of people with this issue. please don't ignore it. We pay for an ad free experience, this include "recommendations" that i cannot control
Highlighted

Re: Popup notifications in app -

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @gB3organ,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Just to be sure you're logged into a Premium account, please visit your account overview page and check your subscription status.

In the meanwhile, it'll be helpful if you can send screenshots of the ads you're seeing on your account.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Waiting on your update 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Popup notifications in app -

Regular

Yeah I'm on a premium DUO account.

I managed to get a screen shot of the advertising popup last night. That was ad #4 that day.

IMG_3310.jpg

I have all notifications turned off in the account settings. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I'm confused.

The first message about these popups is from 2018. Now people are complaining about it happening more. Are you saying in all this time, I've just been lucky to not get the popups? Because they're coming in fast and furious now.

Every time I do a search, I get a popup. 

And are you also suggesting that we have to put in feedback to have ads removed from something that your service claims is ad free if I pay for it?

Highlighted

Regular

I did some digging, and found an article from Oct 2019 suggesting that Spotify have been trialing out this feature.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/record-labels-can-now-pay-spotify-to-promote-artists-on-the-p...

Interestingly the article suggested that the will make a way to turn off the ads. 

I'm very much aware that what gets published in the media may not be totally accurate, so I'd love to here from a Spotify rep to get a clear and concise statement to what's going on here.

Highlighted

Visitor

I'd like to second this. The popups today have been aggressive between podcasts I don't care about, music I don't care about and COVID-19 updates. I'm really disappointed that I've already disabled all the ads in my settings and did a clean install, and I'm still getting pop-ups.  It's honestly really disappointing, and if premium doesn't remove ads like it promised, it doesn't seem like I have any reason to continue paying for a service I'm not receiving. 

Highlighted

Adverts on Premium

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

AU

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm wondering why Spotify is promoting or advertising podcasts in app.

I am now getting fullscreen ads for podcasts when I visit the Home screen, where previously there were banners covering 1/3 the top of the home screen.

I'm confused, I've checked my subscription and it is indeed premium.

I've set all notifications to off, and I'm not interested in, nor will I ever use Spotify for podcasts.

I'd pay more for a subscription tier that has 100% no ads or podcasts at all. (Yes I'm a sucker and you've hooked me line and sinker)

Highlighted

Hello folks!

Thanks for flagging this with us here on the Community.

We appreciate your feedback on this topic as it helps us improve our service.

We'll make sure to forward your comments to the relevant team here so that they'll be able to take it into consideration and make adjustments if needed.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime!

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: Popup podcast notifications in app -

Casual Listener
100% having the same issue. It's pretty frustrating.
SUGGESTED POSTS