Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile picture won't change/update

Solved!

Profile picture won't change/update

Plan

Free

Country

America

Device

HP Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been unable to update my profile picture; even if I upload an image, it doesn't stay. It keeps the default icon. The only place it changes is the upload page itself, and even then, it's default if I close and re-open the client.

Linking my Facebook gave me a profile pic, but I had to unlink because I was uncomfortable with my full name being on display.

All other threads on this say it's resolved, but I've had no luck.

EDIT: Thank god this actually posted. I tried making threads on this before but they just kept error-ing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @yuckyrat and @mjuez,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you following the steps mentioned here?

Keep in mind that sometimes the changes might not take effect right away when updating the profile picture on the desktop app.

In this case, could you give it 24 hours and let us know if the issue persists after that? 

If you're still experiencing this after that time, it'd be helpful if you could give us some additional information, for example, the exact version of the Spotify app you're on and the device you're trying this from.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi there @yuckyrat,

thanks for reaching out !

Please check out this solved thread on the same issue.

However, if you have created your account via Facebook i recommend you have it fully connected to your Spotify account or to create a non FB related account for actions to be implemented the right way.

You can read all about the behavior of Spotify and Facebook here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Sadly, this didn't work. 😞 @OneByBoo

I am having the same issue as @yuckyrat. I have a premium account and is facebook independent, following your proposed solution does not work for me either.

Marked as solution

Hey there @yuckyrat and @mjuez,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you following the steps mentioned here?

Keep in mind that sometimes the changes might not take effect right away when updating the profile picture on the desktop app.

In this case, could you give it 24 hours and let us know if the issue persists after that? 

If you're still experiencing this after that time, it'd be helpful if you could give us some additional information, for example, the exact version of the Spotify app you're on and the device you're trying this from.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

My icon finally updated!

Good to hear that @yuckyrat!

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

spotify:track:28GJnnbJ7fOKi2YBqlxWb9

KaterinaModerator

im having the EXACT same problem. Ive already tried reinstalling the app, trying it from the browser, and IT WONT LET ME CHANGE THE PROFILE PICTURE! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! This has been going on for about 2 months now, and i havent had a problem with the picture until now. 

please help me 

Hi there @Kalbs,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. Sorry to hear that you've been having issue with changing your profile picture.

To start with, can you try to change your profile picture from a different device? For an example, if you tried on your mobile, try on the desktop version or vise versa.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the exact same problem, even if I try to update the picture from another device, the result is the same. 

Hey @bellalovesyou,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try switching the network connections to see if this brings any change? Also logout and log back in again a few times on the device you'll be changing the picture on.

What happens if you try to change the profile picture of a different account? You can create a new one for testing purposes.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I tried all of it, sadly it still doesn’t work! 😞

Hey @bellalovesyou,

For confirmation purposes - did changing the picture of a test account not work as well?
If you haven't tried this out, we'd advise doing so, so that we can see if this is account-related or not.

Keep us posted 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator

I did try it out, and it didn’t work, so it doesn’t seem to be account-related… Sorry for all the trouble

Hey there @bellalovesyou

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if after updating your picture you waited 24 to 48 hours? This is important since the change might not happen right away. 

If so, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices on which you tried changing this info?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm facing the same problem where I update my profile picture but when I try sharing my spotify page, it goes up with the old profile picture. I tried everything mentioned below but doesn't work. Please help 

Hi there @siyamodi,

Thanks for reaching out. When did you change the profile picture? As my lovely colleagues have mentioned before, it can take some time, upwards of 24 hours until it actually propagates everwhere.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

I’m having the same issue as well and I’ve tried everything you guys mentioned in here and I still can’t change my profile picture like when I go to tap change photo it won’t even let me click on it sorry for the trouble 

Hey @mersadiesbluntach,

Thank you for you reply in this thread.

Based on what you're describing it sounds like your device's cached files are interfering with the app's performance. We'd recommend taking a look at this page to see how to clear your cache. Once you do that, could you please try again? Make sure to do it by following the steps that @Katerina mentioned in her reply.

In case you're still experiencing this, would you mind trying from a friend or a family member's device?

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

Bro im Not Even Can Change my Display Name So Me Too

Suggested posts