Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Really Big Problem

Really Big Problem

I have been using Spotify for quite a long time. For the last three or so years I have been subscribed to Spotify premium. Today I booted up my computer and the desktop app poped up and wanted me to log in. I did and found that my password did not work so I had to reset the password for the account.

No it looks like all my playlists and my liked music is gone as well as my account showing I no longer have premium. I tried using spotifies help pages and got no where with that. I just want to know what could have caused this. Was I hacked? Is someone enjoying my premium account know and I am paying for it? I even checked my bank statements and the last payment was made last month like it should have been.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help. 

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts