Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played - Not My Songs?

Recently Played - Not My Songs?

I've noticed lately that whenever I go to the tab where it shows recently played songs, I haven't listened to any of these songs, nor know who the artists are;

Linhdan Nguyen

Rubi Tu Nguyen

Tee M Nguyen

Tony T Nguyen

Minh Kendy Nguyen

Tu Lily Nguyen

Lena Shadow Nguyen

Tuan Peter Nguyen

Tu Mimi Nguyen

Tiana Tu Nguyen

They seem to be all related they appear on a daily basis, I have changed my password and cleared connected devices and re-connected buy they still continue to appear everyday.

Anyone know what is causing this?

15 Replies

@charliearchibal

First, login to your account in the website

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Check your email address is correct (not been altered by someone else).

Go here and see if you notice any unrecognizable devices:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Contact support using this alternative contact form so they can help you.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the Community, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem, same artists too... Also changed my password and checked the offline devices section.

So I contacted Spotify about this issue, they have blocked my account and logged me off all devices. 3 days have passed and I still haven't had a response to this issue.

Very poor customer support!

@charliearchibal

Did you receive an initial response?

If not, check your email address in your profile page to see if it's the correct one.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

I received a response asking for verification - I sent them bank details and the date of my first monthly payment as I can't get access to Spotify to download the very first bill.

Almost a week without Spotify now and two emails saying the exact same thing (copied and pasted message)

I need this fixed!

Any news on this thread? I'm having the EXACT SAME problem. It's getting annoying already, and I'm considering cancelling my spotify plan as this has no solution.

I've changed my password a lot of times, my account has been blocked and reactivated, I logged out of all my devices, changed my facebook password (I use facebook to login) and nothing.

Please spotify staff, help us with that, I love your app, but I pay for the service, and I don't want these artists randomly 😞

Same problem for me too.

Same here 😕

Hey @mauriciosoares @Spindles72 @sbadura,

You can create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

That will give you a fresh start.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have the same issue. Cleared all the "recently played" and reset my password.

Checked email address in account...OKAY!

Then today they popped up again....same items

Rare Ocean

Old fashion Lady Bug

Stingy Spot

Ajar Account

Flashy Aftermath

Absurd Afterthought

Overt Cherry

Majestic Spiders

Melodic Advertisemant

Homeless Bread

What's the deal Spotify??

Yep. I get the same. I clear them and then occasionally they will come back again. Definitely a Spotify bug or database corruption. 

How have Spotify not solved this yet?! There are posts going back to 2015 on this! Meanwhile these Nguyen 'Artists' are making money for plays that nobody is requesting. I say, give us the option to report these incidents and then ban the artists. At least then when a random song comes along it might be less terrible!

I've also been having this issue for over a year now. It seems to happen intermittently and occurs even after resetting my password/logging out all devices etc. (Changed Email and Facebook passwords as well to be safe.)

I've been experiencing the same issue on my account for maybe a couple of weeks now. At first, I didn't think anything of it. Maybe I'd just accidentally clicked on this stupid playlist but then it kept showing up. And then one night I was listening to my music and it started PLAYING. So I changed my password (I too use Facebook to login) and for a while things were good and then today it popped up again and I don't know what to do. Am I hacked? Why would someone repeatedly hack my Spotify account? Is it a glitch that Spotify has yet to get a handle on? Should I just let the account go and make a new one? 

Hey @RandomHuman18

Be sure to check this Support article.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts