Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended songs for you

Recommended songs for you

I’ve been a Spotify premium user for years now and never has the recommended songs for you been worse. I swear it plays the same song over and over for weeks and it makes me hate songs that I used to love just because it automatically plays it whenever my que is up. I want to hear new music, not the same old songs I’m used to playing myself. I was under the impression Spotify was better about suggesting new music but that doesn’t feel like the case anymore. It just repeats whatever song you had on repeat months ago. Even when I press the hide in this list button, I swear it keeps playing that same song and in every other radio I have. Wouldn’t you think if I keep skipping a song and hiding it from lists that the algorithm would pick up that I don’t want to hear it? Spotify I am begging for you to update this feature to actually recommend new music in radio stations for you instead of just repeating music I’ve already listened to and love. It’s making me hate my favorite songs which is honestly heartbreaking 

1 Reply

Hey, @roxycowett 

Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

There are different ways to discover new songs on Spotify. You can find the New Releases tab under the Search page, where you'll find songs and artists curated based on your taste profile, but also the music that is popular in your location.

If you want to know what's trending in your country or in the world, you can check out the Charts tab. You're going to get the Top Songs, Top Albums, Top 50, and the Viral 50 playlists. 
On the Made For You tab, you are going to find a bunch of different content curated specially for you, and there you can do repeat some of your favorite songs on the Time Capsule, On Repeat, and Repeat Rewind playlists. You can also find lots of music related to your Taste Profile on the Artists Mixes, Artists Mixes, Decade Mixes, Mood Mixes, Niche Mixes, and Daily Mixes. And if you want to discover more new things, it is worth checking the Release Radar and the Discover Weekly playlists.

On your Home Page, Spotify is always suggesting new artists, albums, and songs. Some of them are related to what you like, but there is also fresh new content if you are feeling adventurous.

I hope my tips were useful to help you on discovering more music to love... And I'd like to suggest you some more ones to improve your Taste Profile on Spotify. You can check them out in this Blog Article:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts