Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Set Device Password

Solved!

Set Device Password

I am currently trying to set a device password but it wont allow me to.

I keep getting the message "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.". 

50 Replies

This didn't work for me, is there another work around?  

Marked as solution

This still doesn't work. OVER a year later. 

It's not hard. Fix it.

I have been reading up on this issue and it seems it has been going on for over a year.  Spotify does realize we have to pay for this service right?  And we can go elsewhere?  Sure doesn't seem like it.  None of the "fixes" I have seen on here have worked for me unfortunately.  I am trying to log into spotify using my surround sound receiver...  And its not working...  😞  You would think that a year and a half would be enough time to fix this issue right?

Updating the receiver's firmware solved the issue for me, If you can you might want to try the same. This way it gets recognised as a device in spotify, so I don't have to log in at all.

I have a similar issue, i'm trying to login spotify on my iPhone and i've clicked set device password and it says an email has been sent to my email address containing the password, but i t never comes through... The email address is correct that it uses. Any ideas?

Still the same problem, I can't set the device password. I just get a message "Oops, try later". Been waiting a year...

How can that still be a problem!!! Will we have to wait for the 2nd year birthday of this problem! don't you monitor error problems in your system??? how can a server error be still happening after almost 2 years??

Simply updating the firmware of my device solved the problem. The update made it show up in devices using Spotify connect, instead of needing a device password.

I'm still having this issue

Yes, got the same problem too.

If I try to generate a password an exception is thrown that my Email address is not available.

I already tried to generate an app password in facebook but this is not working.

Does anybody figured out a workaround? The support team on Twitter does not seem to have a clue on this. Is there a real technical support wirh some engineers checking on those bugs?

I finaly got it by using a trick to generate my device password.

I needed to change to an englisch localization of the spotify user backend and called the script manually: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/send-device-password/

With this link I instantly got an email were I was able to set my device password.

Suggested posts