Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setting up a Device Password

Setting up a Device Password

I want to deactivate my facebook because it's a distraction so I read that you can set up a device password to log on to your account if you have premium (which I do). I have the username that spotify gave me and I also received the email and clicked on the link. I typed in a password and they both matched and I tried multiple different ones from different computers and devices too but I still keep getting the same error message.

"There was a problem setting your password."

It doesn't go into any more detail and I've tried googling solutions but I can't find any that are helpful because I want to be able to deactivate my facebook for awhile but I don't want to lose any of my play lists or anything like that. Please help 😞

3 Replies

Hi,

I had the same problem and seem to have a resolution.

1. Log into Spotify on a web browser
  2. Log out all of your Spotify devices (there is an option to do this)
  3. Set a device password - you will be sent an email
  4. Open the email and click on the link
  5. Set the password and wait for the error message "There was a problem setting your password" - Ignore it.
  6. Log into Facebook and deactivate your account
  7. Log into Spotify on your devices using the device ID and password - you will find that although there was an error message it actually does work.

Hope this works for you.

Cheers,

Brett

Hey, I can not do that because my Facebook account got deactivated by Meta already. There is no way of loggin into Facebook for me.

Hi there @kaenyaeger,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

The best thing to do is to contact our support team through one of the channels here. Explain to them what has happened, and they should be able to help further after verifying you as the rightful owner of the account 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts