Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Somehow premium again

Solved!

Somehow premium again

Hey,

I used the 'one month free premium'-offer but decided to cancel it after 29 days or so. That was yesterday, and immediately after that I heard those annoying ads on Spotify again, so my account was free. But today I somehow got Premium again and there is no way I can cancel it on their website. So, anyone an idea how this is possible?

Mitchell

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The only thing I can think of is that somehow Spotify managed to renew itself before you canceled then. At this point my recommendation would be to get in touch with support through one of the methods linked above, unless @OviiiOne has a different suggestion. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi miitcheell! Have you ever given Spotify any payment information? If you are unable to cancel your subscription that usually indicates that you don't actually have one, as there is a difference between having premium, and actually being subscribed to it. If you haven't given Spotify any payment information, or you have, but your card hasn't been charged, then there should be nothing to worry about. If you did provide payment information, your card was charged, and you have no way to cancel, then I would recommend getting in touch with support. This can be done by either reaching out to@SpotifyCares on twitter; messaging support on Facebook; or through this contact form. If it's been more than 48 hours without a response, reply to the e-mail you received confirming they got your message (if you used the contact form), or, if you messaged them through Twitter or Facebook, shoot them another message there.

My hunch is that you have nothing to cancel, and for whatever reason you've had an extra month of premium appear on your account. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Cheers!

Hello @miitcheell, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you go to your account, which type of subscription is showing?

Hey @LordRollin,

Thanks for your reply. Nope, they didn't charge me but I already gave them my payment information (they charged one cent before I could start my free premium month). There is also an invoice of €10, but like I said, they still haven't charged me. And in their mail from yesterday (after I canceled premium), it says that I successfully canceled premium on my account.

I'm also pretty sure that I have a premium account at this moment because I have all those premium features in my Spotify apps.

Mitchell

Hey @Oviiione,

It says 'Spotify premium' and I can confirm that because I have all those premium features on my Spotify apps.

Mitchell
Marked as solution

The only thing I can think of is that somehow Spotify managed to renew itself before you canceled then. At this point my recommendation would be to get in touch with support through one of the methods linked above, unless @OviiiOne has a different suggestion. 

Nope, not at all.

Contact support as @LordRollin suggested.

Okay, thank you both!! I will contact them as soon as possible.

Mitchell

Suggested posts