Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spam Emails?

Solved!

Spam Emails?

Plan:

Premium

I received an email from what appeared to be Spotify stating “update your account and get back to enjoying your music.” I logged into the website but did not enter any billing information or other personal info out of suspicion that the website was not legitimate. I proceeded to login to the official website on my own terms and changed my email and password as well as clicked “sign out everywhere” on my account page.  Attached are screenshots of the original email.  Would anyone kindly advise whether or not this email is spam and if there are any other security precautions that I should take?  Thank you.

IMG_9698.jpg
IMG_9699.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @MMEWF2020

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you get any emails but you're not sure if they're from Spotify, you can forward them to the right team and they'll tell you if it's legitimate. 

If you see suspicious activity on your account, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

You can also update your payment method by following this support article. 

If you have any issues with your payment, here are some troubleshooting steps. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @MMEWF2020

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you get any emails but you're not sure if they're from Spotify, you can forward them to the right team and they'll tell you if it's legitimate. 

If you see suspicious activity on your account, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

You can also update your payment method by following this support article. 

If you have any issues with your payment, here are some troubleshooting steps. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts