Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Inquiry

Solved!

Spotify Premium Inquiry

Hello,

I am so happy because Spotify is here in the Philippines. I just used up my free 7 days trial and now I am looking forward to subscribe to Spotify premium. The problem is that it only allows Mastercard and VISA as the method of payment. How about GCash AMEX? Also, I checked out Globe Telecom's Spotify premium subscription for 30 days and it is P299 pesos. Upon checking the Spotify website, it is only P129 pesos. I hope they can have an alternative way to pay the premium fee.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It does vary with country, but in the UK you definitely do. The requirements outlined on the help site (for UK customers) say:

If you're having problems paying or activating a free trial with PayPal, please check the following:
Your PayPal account country must match the country set in your Spotify profile.
Your PayPal account must be linked to a valid credit or debit card.
Your PayPal account must be verified to enable recurring payments:
Click here to see how to verify with a bank account.
Click here to see how to verify with a credit or debit card.
Please contact PayPal in order to get more information on how to verify your account in your country.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@vensantos - Yes it should be. Once your Spotify account drops to Free again after your globe subscription expires just follow the links from your online account to resubscribe using another payment method:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

View solution in original post

24 Replies

All available payment methods for your country will be outlined on the subscription page, Spotify almost always require a real payment card for subscriptions, so the majority of pre-paid cards or virtual cards will not work (since they don't allow recurring payments). 

As for other operators, if you are purchasing a subscription via a partner, they set their own pricing I'm afraid. 

Peter

Regarding with the reoccuring payment, I think it is supported though https://mygcash.globe.com.ph/gcashamex/ or if it's not, I have my AMEX card synched to my Google Wallet. Can I use Google Wallet?

Unfortunately not that I am aware off. Spotify in almost all countries needs a credit or debit card which is linked to a bank account. PayPal is supported in some countries too, but it needs to be linked to a credit/debit card too. 

Best thing to do is ask Spotify support in your region directly using the online contact form and they will be able to outline all of the payment methods available to you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Oh wait. I cannot just simply use a PayPal account that has funds? It has to be linked to a credit/debit card?

Marked as solution

It does vary with country, but in the UK you definitely do. The requirements outlined on the help site (for UK customers) say:

If you're having problems paying or activating a free trial with PayPal, please check the following:
Your PayPal account country must match the country set in your Spotify profile.
Your PayPal account must be linked to a valid credit or debit card.
Your PayPal account must be verified to enable recurring payments:
Click here to see how to verify with a credit or debit card.
Please contact PayPal in order to get more information on how to verify your account in your country.

Peter

Gee, thanks for the useful info and replies 🙂

I am so happy. I am now officially a Spotify Premium user 🙂

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 2.53.45 PM.jpg

yay

may i congratulate you as a premium member 

Excellent! Enjoy! 🙂

Peter

@robindb wrote:

yay

may i congratulate you as a premium member 

thank you so much! i'm lovin' it. totally enjoying these playlists: Comfort Zone and Ultimate 90s Playlist 

oh yeah, how can I "star" a song?

@Peter wrote:
Excellent! Enjoy! 🙂

yup. it is definitely worth it! although i was hoping for a 30 days trial though.

didnt you asked the support for that i am sure they would give that for free 

Hello. I am also having a problem with GCASH AMEX. How can i use it to buy A Spotify 1 Month premium. As the site only accepts visa/mastercard and paypal but no AMEX. A respons will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hello. I am also having a problem with GCASH AMEX. How can i use it to buy A Spotify 1 Month premium. As the site only accepts visa/mastercard and paypal but no AMEX. A respons will be very much appreciated. Thanks

You might be able to tie it to PayPal and go through that way @gerarcega ? Spotify don't accept all payment methods in all markets, which country are you in?

Peter

hi Spotify i am a super fan of the app, but maybe not of Globe, your partner here in the PH. Anyway, my free trial with spotify premium has expired and ive decided not to renew it via globe... however is it possible to renew it via spotify direct (it's much cheaper that way...)? Let me know or do i have to create a new account?

Marked as solution

@vensantos - Yes it should be. Once your Spotify account drops to Free again after your globe subscription expires just follow the links from your online account to resubscribe using another payment method:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Thank you so much! 🙂

i can't subscribe to spotify premium it always say's that " Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method." please help me.. thanks

@crissan04 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts