Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
941 Replies

by the way they can see what i'm listening to but i can't see them

My Spotify account is connected through my Facebook account. I used to be able to connect with more friends on Spotify through my Facebook friends but now when I try to add friends on my Spotify on my Macbook, it is telling me that I have zero friends on Spotify from my Facebook account. This must be incorrect as I used to be able to see hundreds of Facebook friends connected through Spotify. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my Macbook but this has not solved my issue.

The feature is not working and the default screen is very misleading. are there any updates regarding this issue?
is there any option to hide the social panel and get a full screen of the app? 

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you're not seeing any friends on your MacBook app. It's worthwhile mentioning that in order to see any friends there, they have to have switched on their setting under Settings>Social>'Share my listening activity on Spotify'. From your end you can also try to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and our account servers and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. See if this will shake things up and make your friends' feed appear.

If the above doesn't help, then could we ask you for a screenshot (or a short video), so we can orient ourselves what's happening for you and give you a better advice. Also please share with us the Spotify and MacOS versions you're currently using.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have also tried reinstalling, made sure my friends are not listening in private and logging in and out, etc.

NOTHING is working, the feature is just not working at all on my Mac. This is really annoying.

my friends tell me that they can not see my music history on friends activity part even my profile is on

spotify ruined my life by changing these settings 

I've had this problem for a long time and found multiple people on the web also complaining about this, when I turn on ''see what you friends are playing'' I turn on my listening activity and from there it's stuck and keeps saying I need to go to settings which I've already done.

I have the same issue, how can I solve it?

i have the same issue. I've been trying to solve it for over a month now and nothing is happening. Please fix your app cause after the last update everyone is having the same problem. It is frustraning the fact that you are trying to tell us that we need to do somethinh when in fact you are the one that need to solve the problem on your app.

I have the same issue. Also the Back button is not working.

JustAlexV_0-1650892028074.png

SAME. it isn't working

@Spotify 

This is ridiculous, please fix that. 
You have such a great product, why so many users have to complain about a feature that is not working and catching one third of the app screen?

You are so much better than this “check it with your friends” attitude. 

The Friend Activity function still isn't working. It takes up a large portion of the screen real estate when using the desktop app, and it can't be hidden or turned off either.

My friends who I follow also have confirmed that they have their settings configured to share listening activity, but the Friend Activity feed isn't picking any of it up. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app with no change. I've also tried unfollowing/re-following my friends, also no change.

Spotify should either fix the issue or at least make it an option to hide the Friend Activity pain pane.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

A few months ago Spotify introduced a change where the option to share your listening activity and see what your friends are playing on Spotify became 'off' by default, instead of 'on', how it used to be.

This means that in order to see someone in the Friend Activity tab, they need to have the following settings switched 'on': Settings->Social->'Share my listening activity on Spotify'. Also, Private Session needs to be turned 'off'. 

You can read more about this change here and here.

Note that a lot of Spotify users don't actually use the friend feed and may not have turned on this setting. We'd recommend reaching out to your other friends and asking them to switch the setting on, if you don't see them in your Friend Activity tab.

Hope this clears things up :slightly_smiling_face:

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Since some updates ago I can't see the activity of my friends and I have the options right

spotify at its best... 😄 

Plan  - Premium

Country - UK 

Device - Macbook air circa 2018

Operating System

IOS 10

My Question or Issue

- I am unable to see all of my friends activity on the desktop app, I can only see two specific people I follow.

I have 

- Checked my friends have 'share activity' enabled in their settings, and that I have this enabled too

-Checked I am following them

-Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

- logged in and out of my account on the app multiple times

Any ideas of how to resolved this so I can see all of the people I follow's activity?

i would still like to know why this update happened? the feature, spotify desktop app, it was all working fine and NEVER had an update and within 3 months they updated the app and now it completely sucks!!! 

i want to know why this feature was removed or had to be turned off for everyone? i want to know the actual reasoning behind it

i would still like to know why this update happened? the feature, spotify desktop app, it was all working fine and NEVER had an update and within 3 months they updated the app and now it completely sucks!!! 

i want to know why this feature was removed or had to be turned off for everyone? i want to know the actual reasoning behind it

like someone previously said WE ARE PAYING FOR YOUR PLATFORM SO WE SHOULD GET WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR (?!)

Suggested posts