Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown people logging in

Solved!

Unknown people logging in

My Question or Issue

I have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. After the first log in, I logged out of all devices and changed my password, but people are still getting in. What can I do to stop this?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @alyssamagor19,

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security team is ever vigilant to keep them safe for you. That's why we're now sending these emails so you can check any irregularities on your account.

There are several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Moreover, if you're receiving messages from us, but are unsure whether they are legitimate - head here to find out what to do with suspicious emails.

If you've lost access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you. Just keep in mind that they are experiencing significant delays due to the current situation.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

68 Replies

mee too but I think it's a scam

Hey there @alyssamagor19 and @riya777

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

In case you still experience the same after resetting your password and logging out of all devices, we suggest you head to this help page. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. 

Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi Ivan listen I tried everything but it only happened once

Hey there @riya777

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, do you still experience the issue after happening only once or it's now fixed for you?

Let us know if this persists and we'll provide you with further steps on how to secure your Spotify account. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

I've tried this a couple of times and I'm still getting a few emails a day saying that someone else is logging in. I started to think that these were just scam emails but there is definitely someone on my account. When I've been streaming music recently, the song changes to something I've never heard before as if someone else is listening and changing the song. I tried changing the song back but then I was logged out and I can't get back into my account, I think my password has been changed.

Marked as solution

Hello @alyssamagor19,

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security team is ever vigilant to keep them safe for you. That's why we're now sending these emails so you can check any irregularities on your account.

There are several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Moreover, if you're receiving messages from us, but are unsure whether they are legitimate - head here to find out what to do with suspicious emails.

If you've lost access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you. Just keep in mind that they are experiencing significant delays due to the current situation.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

check who the email is coming from to make sure it is actually spotify, and also make sure your password is not easy guessed from your email or username.

Hey @alyssamagor19,

Just jumping in to add something to @PXP's suggestion. 

If you'd like to double-check whether an email you received is actually from Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow the steps in this support site article. The article also features the info you need to report a phishing email in case you receive one. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

A new device from countries I’ve never even been to keep logging into my account. 

I keep getting email notifications saying ”new login to Spotify” and the location being from Russia, Thailand, USA, China, and multiple other countries. 
I’ve logged out of all accounts and changed my password the other day and didn’t get any notifications saying  someone logged into my account, but today I got another email saying someone from the US has logged into my account!

Does anyone know why this is happening/what I can do to permanently stop it?

I too got a sudden wave of those emails, about the same time this started for alyssa. Nothing ever seemed to come of it, however I noticed one day that the same one song kept playing/being added to my queue. ( https://open.spotify.com/track/3GgzHJT8pUPlcqWViYxX68?si=jv59re-SQ9ahxQW493dwTw )

It's not a popular or interesting song, and I've never listened to it before, nor is it related to anything I have listened to. Nearly every time it appeared, my volume would cut right out, but checking devices showed I was still playing it from my PC - so if someone else was on my account, they were only trying to get me to play this song without noticing? They clearly weren't doing it to listen for themselves. 

Obviously seeing this discomforted me so I immediately followed the steps provided above (changed password, forced logouts, revoked all 3rd party access - even ones I trusted) and had no more issues until tonight, when the song suddenly played again and my volume cut out. It happened 3 times within about 20 minutes.

I've had no more emails about suspicious logins, and I doubt anyone could have cracked a new password so quickly, so what's going on? Has someone breached Spotify's network? What can we do for extra security when changing passwords etc clearly isn't enough? Will we ever get 2FA?

I'd also like to know why this certain song. Is someone hacking accounts for artificial plays to make money? What can be done about that?

I also got the same notification of someone logging in from Thailand. It wasn't a phishing scam either. All hyperlinks pointed to spotify.com

guill0tin3_0-1587005600970.png

I am having the same issues and have had an email (sometimes 2) almost every day to say that there has been a login to my account from another country. The latest one was in less than  hour from when I changed the password to a strong generated password. I have logged out of all devices and changed passwords and so have done everything suggested. The account does not appear to have been used looking at recently played songs but j have had enough. What more can I do?  This only started about 2 weeks ago

I'm having the exact same problem.

Multiple logins per day, mostly from China, US, Russia, Israel - the account is not linked to facebook (because I don't have facebook).

Reset the password as suggested on the guide but no avail. Same problem still persist.

Changed password for the 3rd time in a week today - will see.

I had the same issue!! I simply changed my password to something different and I have not had the problem since. 

I am having exactly the same followed all steps in support but still same problem. I have used passwords that I am certain no one could guess and an hour later had a log on attempt in Russia. Surely Spotify is having some problems with accounts that they need to look into? I tried to complete a contact form but the link is disabled does anyone have any other suggestions for how to resolve? I am considering closing my account.

I continue to receive emails from Spotify to say there is an unidentified login and this has only started happening in the last few weeks. Before then I had no trouble whatsoever. How do I get an individual at Spotify to look at my account, and those of others, who have commented that this is happening , despite setting strong passwords. As someone else has said, I am considering closing my account as this is unacceptable 

I'm having the exact same problem.

Multiple logins per day, mostly from China, US, Russia, Israel - the account is not linked to facebook (because I don't have facebook).

Reset the password as suggested on the guide but no avail. Same problem still persist.

Changed password for the 3rd time in a week today - will see.

Still getting the emails - the number has decreased to twice per day (two on Sunday, two on Monday) - I'm wondering if the problem is linked to the way alerts are triggered which are showing up attempts to login rather than actual logins.

Also - The password was reset via a separate computer & the account is linked to a GMAIL email address which has 2FA so neither are compromised.

If you really have trouble with this change youre email.

after you did that verify youre email(you did get a mail from spotify).

Then change youre password.

And last but not least log out every where (account settings on spotify pc and then scroll down).

normally you have the ip adresses either in that mails.

from here of ther are 2 options.

option 1: contact spotify and they will ban those accounts and ip adresses from youre account

option 2: go to the cops. Then give the cops theire ip adresses and they will charge the ones who logged in.

Suggested posts