Unknown people logging in

Solved!

Unknown people logging in

alyssamagor19
Casual Listener

My Question or Issue

I have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. After the first log in, I logged out of all devices and changed my password, but people are still getting in. What can I do to stop this?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Xenia

Hello @alyssamagor19,

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security team is ever vigilant to keep them safe for you. That's why we're now sending these emails so you can check any irregularities on your account.

There are several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Moreover, if you're receiving messages from us, but are unsure whether they are legitimate - head here to find out what to do with suspicious emails.

If you've lost access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you. Just keep in mind that they are experiencing significant delays due to the current situation.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

55 Replies

TigerMask21
Casual Listener

Hey man I know it though i get it, but there are other ways to listen to your favorite songs.And if u are not a lazy like my self I suggest u to find new ways to listen,U can do so by buying and Ipod or Ipad I dunno for sure coz I use only android.The esest way and cheap one is to dowload it and put it on a device  or a usb . 

Until they put a 2nd autentification metod I sugest u to make a new acc with an incripted email and password or just give up on it. 

I ve already find out after several days that u can incrite  your email and even password  but it takes a lot of skills to do so.

porgfather
Casual Listener

Vote with your feet - leave, go elsewhere. There are many alternatives to Spotify, I've been using Google/YouTube Music instead and haven't looked back.

I still get the occasional "someone's logged in to your account" email but I can safely ignore those now that I don't have any payment details held.

It's just not acceptable in 2020.

galactickitten
Casual Listener
At this point that's what I'm gonna do, I just have to jump through hoops since I'm using it through Starbucks but whatever, Spotify is easily hacked I suppose. If you could listen from with other devices at the same time I wouldn't mind but, I'm just trying to go to sleep.

sirmadog
Visitor

Once again as reading with everyone else for the past week I've noticed 4-5 playlists added and random music playing on loop when I get back I first thought it was my family but it wasn't since nobody comes into my room and it's always locked ANYWAY to get to my point. I noticed emails about people logging in so I changed my password and logged everyone out (As the support article said) and welp nothing happened its a FULLY different password but yet they still have access or managed to gain access again and to keep you informed I only EVER had Spotify logged in on my phone (That stay's next to me at all times) and my PC (That's a full desktop that is locked into my room and only I have the key) So any help you can offer or support?

gilmorejd
Visitor

Every time I try to click on the links in the solution post, I keep getting the error "upstream request timeout".

I cannot tell if the email saying someone from Germany (I'm in USA) logged in to my account is spam or real. I logged in, signed out of everywhere. My wife signed in and did the same. We have a family account and both our accounts are linked to our facebook accounts, so we don't have a password to change. What do we do? How do I know if the email is real?

Ivan

Hey @gilmorejd,

Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind that Spotify accounts created via Facebook take on the email registered with Facebook, meaning you can still reset your password. We also recommend changing the passwords of your Facebook and email accounts as well. 

If you keep getting timeout errors we suggest trying an incognito browser. Sometimes the cache and cookies stored in your browser can cause such issues and this is an easy way to avoid them. You can also try with another device, if that's an option.

As for the emails, you can get in touch with our customer support team here. They'll be happy to take a look at them and determine whether they are from us.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a great day.  

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

silverkid

Hi. I've been having the very same problem in the last two days. In particular someone from Turkey have been using my account, adding new playlists I have never seen and changing some settings on my account, so now I keep receiving email notifications written in Turkish every time I access mu account or change the password! I have already followed all the steps suggested by the Spotify assistance guide, including making sure that country is correctly set. However I keep receiving emails in Turkish! What else should I do to fix this mess?

Thanks

Elay
Regular
Hi! Ihave that problem to... ihope spotify help us to keep our acount safe.

Monster83
Casual Listener

Okay - spoken to support twice.

Asked to change password and delete cookies but this didn't stop the alerts. Support implied that I have something on my PC and don't seem to get that I reset my passwords (my email has 2FA) and that I've done it on a completely separate PC (work PC).

Two hours after doing that I got a new notification saying someone accessed it from the US. 

I've spoken with support again and I was told to change the email address 😞

Barry2702
Casual Listener
I was change email address as well. What precisely does that mean? Can you change the email address linked to an account?
And also I have never heard of this before (that’s not to say it has not happened) but isn’t this a Spotify software/ security issue? I am not an IT guru and so I accept my question may be a stupid one

Barry2702
Casual Listener

I continue to receive emails from Spotify to say there is an unidentified login and this has only started happening in the last few weeks. Before then I had no trouble whatsoever. How do I get an individual at Spotify to look at my account, and those of others, who have commented that this is happening , despite setting strong passwords. As someone else has said, I am considering closing my account as this is unacceptable 

Barry2702
Casual Listener

I am having the same issues and have had an email (sometimes 2) almost every day to say that there has been a login to my account from another country. The latest one was in less than  hour from when I changed the password to a strong generated password. I have logged out of all devices and changed passwords and so have done everything suggested. The account does not appear to have been used looking at recently played songs but j have had enough. What more can I do?  This only started about 2 weeks ago

riya777
Regular
Hi Ivan listen I tried everything but it only happened once

Ivan

Hey there @riya777

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, do you still experience the issue after happening only once or it's now fixed for you?

Let us know if this persists and we'll provide you with further steps on how to secure your Spotify account. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
SUGGESTED POSTS