Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens to *local files* synced from computer when premium is cancelled?

Solved!

What happens to *local files* synced from computer when premium is cancelled?

I am on the free trial right now. I have synced some mp3's from my computer to my account in playlists. I plan on cancelling on one of the last few days of the trial so that I can then opt into the student discount. If I cancel my plan, will my phone delete all of my songs from my phone and force me to redownload them again? I don't know whether or not my own personal songs are affected or if this only applies to songs downloaded from the service itself.

It won't be the end of the world or anything, but it will be super annoying. Is there an easier way to go from free > student?

Edit: It turns out you don't have to cancel before signing up for the student discount, which is a relief! I guess they changed it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LittleDovahkiin, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Once the Premium is cancelled or is over all the Premium features aren't available anymore until you resubscribe. That means that the local files can't be played in the phone because they need to be downloaded which is a Premium feature.

Hope it helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @LittleDovahkiin, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Once the Premium is cancelled or is over all the Premium features aren't available anymore until you resubscribe. That means that the local files can't be played in the phone because they need to be downloaded which is a Premium feature.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Suggested posts