Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When can we expect a method of disconnecting from facebook with accounts made USING facebook?

When can we expect a method of disconnecting from facebook with accounts made USING facebook?

Hey I'm a premium user, and want to delete my facebook account for reasons outside of spotify, but every time I log into spotify it reactivates my facebook account, because that's how I created my Spotify account.

I think you guys at HQ really need to sort out this oversight, here's an example of why:

Say someone is getting bullied through online harrassment through facebook, they are developing serious depression and anxiety over this, and really want to deactivate their facebook account to avoid this type of thing. Suddenly one of their only avenues of feeling better, dealing with feeling down; their music playlists, created in a program they are paying a monthly subscription for, are unavailable to them. Every time they try to access these their facebook account is reactivated again automatically.

Do you see the problem? This isn't my exact scenario (I'm not being bullied or anything), but mine is loosely related to something vaguely similar.

Can we expect a solution in the near future?

Thanks.
You can just give me a month of free premium for being so enlightening or whatever, I'm easy.

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I agree, I for one would like to move to a Spotify only account. Not for reasons like you outlined there, mainly just because I want to!

There is an idea for this here though, it has been marked as not right now, but it's still good to add Kudos and comment on it to show your support.

The only way to do it at the moment if you want to is by:

1) Create your new account with Spotify. Leave your fb one for now!

2) Submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can move everything from your fb Spotify to your new one for you.
If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

3) Now you can deactivate your facebook account.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

If you don't have a subscription, it might be faster to follow my DIY guide on going about it here

The issue isn't just disconnecting from Facebook sadly, the Spotify system has a more fundamental design choice of not being allowed to change usernames, so that is one of the main contributing factors to why you can't change account types. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts