Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Limited devices is ridiculous!

This limited devices is ridiculous! I pay Premium for quite a few years, and I own a mobile phone, a PC and an iPad, and I listen to Spotify 10h per day on my Work PC.. I never had any trouble before. But now, everytime I try to listen Spotify on the...

• This limited devices is ridiculous!  I pay Premium for quite a few years, and I own a mobile phone, a PC and an iPad, and I listen to Spotify 10h per day on my Work PC.. I never had a...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in

Today on my mac the Spotify icon had changed to the applications icon (made up of stationery) and wouldn't open. I followed the instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and I can now open Spotify. However, I cannot log in. I keep on gett...

• Today on my mac the Spotify icon had changed to the applications icon (made up of stationery) and wouldn't open. I followed the instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and I can now ope...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't download for offline

I have had spotify with no problems for 6 months now, suddenly this morning all my songs undownloaded and are unplayable except for maybe 10. I have over 1000 songs so I don't want to delete and start over... I have checked my subscription and it loo...

• I have had spotify with no problems for 6 months now, suddenly this morning all my songs undownloaded and are unplayable except for maybe 10. I have over 1000 songs so I don't want to delete and star...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Account

Hi, I have an account that I log in with facebook, and I have another that I do the "normal log in"(thia one is premium). I want to delete that facebook account, in order to use my normal account(and my premium one) with facebook 2. What should I do?...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have an account that I log in with facebook, and I have another that I do the "normal log in"(thia one is premium). I want to delete that facebook account, in order to use my normal account(and...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium for Family

Hello! May u help how to add members for my Premium for Family acct? I don't know where to open again the page where u get to add others. Thank you very much for your assistance..

• Hello! May u help how to add members for my Premium for Family acct? I don't know where to open again the page where u get to add others. Thank you very much for your assistance..
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown payment

My card has been charged without my permission twice this year , if you guys can check my account you will see i have no card detials on file with you guys, someone some how has used my details to pay for there Spotify and how is this possible i want...

• My card has been charged without my permission twice this year , if you guys can check my account you will see i have no card detials on file with you guys, someone some how has used my details to pa...
  • tonyak17
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I was charged for student and regular price

Hey spotify for some reason I was charged for a student price and a regular customer price at the same time, I know it may be a mistake but .... Why is that? Can I get refunded? Are you guys doing this on purpose? Do I have to make a report with the ...

• Hey spotify for some reason I was charged for a student price and a regular customer price at the same time, I know it may be a mistake but .... Why is that? Can I get refunded? Are you guys doing th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Account Says I have Premium, I pay for Premium,can't access premium features.

I pay for premium, my account says I have premium, but when I try to activate the 'Available Offline' feature on my playlists, it comes up with a window saying 'That's a premium feature, Upgrade to premium now to enable' or something along those line...

• Casual Listener
  • I pay for premium, my account says I have premium, but when I try to activate the 'Available Offline' feature on my playlists, it comes up with a window saying 'That's a premium feature, Upgrade to p...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Går det att byta profilnamn men e-postadressen ska vara kvar

• Går det att byta profilnamn men e-postadressen ska vara kvar
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There was a problem setting your password

Hi, I cant login to my account on my android. I've always had weird account issues, i think because i initially created this account with facebook and since changed my email. When setting my mobile password I get the error: "there was a problem setti...

• Hi,   I cant login to my account on my android. I've always had weird account issues, i think because i initially created this account with facebook and since changed my email.    ...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ERROR CHANGING PASSWORD- LOST LINK. HELP

Good Morning.Trying to reset the password , When I linked the new one.Appear an error message saying "THE LINK IS BROKEN" please contact staff Spotify support.I tried again and always the same.I can´t access now anyone of my devices.WHAT can I do? It...

• Good Morning. Trying to reset the password , When I linked the new one. Appear an error message saying "THE LINK IS BROKEN" please contact staff Spotify support. I tried again and always the same....
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I just subsribe for the 99 cent deal and then revoke my subscription immediately after that?

I see there is a deal 3 months for only 99 cents. Can I just pay the 99 cents, and then cancel my subscription? Will I have the 3 months for the 99 cents?

• Regular
  • I see there is a deal 3 months for only 99 cents. Can I just pay the 99 cents, and then cancel my subscription? Will I have the 3 months for the 99 cents?
  • Bal0rCIM
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Purchese screen

Purchase screen is not loading. That is happened on chrome, edge and android app.

• Casual Listener
  • Purchase screen is not loading. That is happened on chrome, edge and android app.
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Subscription
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Merging 2 accounts to one.

I have signed up to spotify premium with my email address however a couple of years ago i had spotify with my facebook and had lots of playlists, Im wanting to join the 2 accounts into the one account that i have with my email address.Can you help?

• I have signed up to spotify premium with my email address however a couple of years ago i had spotify with my facebook and had lots of playlists, Im wanting to join the 2 accounts into the one accoun...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Did not work, premiun 0.99cents "trial did not work

Ï tried to take up the 3 month "premium trial for ".99Cents. went well for a week or so then, no more... no internet ..no Spotify.Ah well such is life ,not happening, but after three months the premium fee came out. Had to scramble to cancel other mo...

• Ï tried to take up the 3 month "premium trial for ".99Cents. went well for a week or so then, no more... no internet ..no Spotify. Ah well such is life ,not happening, but after three months the pre...
  • Ambivalence
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feedback
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to upgrade to family - payment provider is having a bad day

I'm unable to change from Premium to Family - getting 'payment provider is having a bad day'. Changing to PayPal, updating my card or adding a new card give the same error. What do I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to change from Premium to Family - getting 'payment provider is having a bad day'. Changing to PayPal, updating my card or adding a new card give the same error. What do I do?
  • psxc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgot Password, need to change contact email.

My iphone logged me out yesterday and I don't have my password. I no longer have access to my comcast email in order to reset my password. I have emailed customer service, sent a twitter message. No one will help me reset my contact email. Can anyone...

• My iphone logged me out yesterday and I don't have my password.  I no longer have access to my comcast email in order to reset my password.  I have emailed customer service, sent a twitter ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with logging in

I can't log into my Spotify, I'm logging in with Facebook and it says "log in failed - you can only use Spotify abroad for 14Days". But I've been abroad for five months, so does anyone know why I have this problem now and what I can do? Thank you

• I can't log into my Spotify, I'm logging in with Facebook and it says "log in failed - you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 Days". But I've been abroad for five months, so does anyone know why I h...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelling invalid account

So I got a notification from spotify that I was "a new playlist cover star". That's great but I never signed up for spotify. I got here and used forgot password and put in my email address and was able to log in. Now I want to cancell this account ho...

• So I got a notification from spotify that I was "a new playlist cover star".  That's great but I never signed up for spotify.  I got here and used forgot password and put in my email addres...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
    Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes