Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

99 cent deal with giftcard

I just signed up for spotify the first time through facebook about 10 minutes ago. I receieved a 10 dollar gift certificate for christmas and also activated premium with that. It now says my account expires January 31st 2015? I don't get it. What hap...

• I just signed up for spotify the first time through facebook about 10 minutes ago.   I receieved a 10 dollar gift certificate for christmas and also activated premium with that.   I...
  • gretchenderose
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Husband can't join family subscription

Hubby has a premium account. I created a family account subscription for both our daughters to be able to listen to their music offline so sent an invite to him but it said he couldn't join because he wasn't in the same country as me... We live in th...

• Hubby has a premium account.  I created a family account subscription for both our daughters to be able to listen to their music offline so sent an invite to him but it said he couldn't join bec...
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment taken twice

I Don't know why but two amounts are being taken from my account each month. I only use Spotify on my phone and have one account. This is a mess up your end and would like to be reimbursed for the excess money you have taken from my account. I have b...

• I Don't know why but two amounts are being taken from my account each month. I only use Spotify on my phone and have one account. This is a mess up your end and would like to be reimbursed for the ex...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

Hi everyone! I'm having a problem and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. I recently upgraded my account to premium and when I started to download music, it's automatically storaged in my mobile memory, instead of my SD CARD. As I don'...

• Hi everyone! I'm having a problem and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. I recently upgraded my account to premium and when I started to download music, it's automatically storaged in...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 3 months for 1 fee?

Will Spotify have another deal like this any time soon?

• Will Spotify have another deal like this any time soon?
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Over Charged

For 3 months I've been trying to add the student discount. Recently I was charged 2 times in the same month for premium and then charged 2 times with the student discount. I love Spotify I just can't handle all of these extra charges.

• For 3 months I've been trying to add the student discount. Recently I was charged 2 times in the same month for premium and then charged 2 times with the student discount. I love Spotify I just can't...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accident Choosing A Plan

I accidentally chose student and it charged me the 5.40 but I never got premium. I need tech support

• I accidentally chose student and it charged me the 5.40 but I never got premium. I need tech support
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost e-mail and forgot password

Is there any other way to recover my account? I lost my e-mail account and forgot the password to spotify.

• Is there any other way to recover my account?   I lost my e-mail account and forgot the password to spotify.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

play 1 song n then goes blank

When updated, it will only play 1 song n then goes blank, I have to either skip to the next song or turn off ñ turn back on for it to play. Is anyone else having this problem and what can I do to solve the problem(s)?

• Casual Listener
  • When updated, it will only play 1 song n then goes blank, I have to either skip to the next song or turn off ñ turn back on for it to play. Is anyone else having this problem and what can I do to sol...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A Complaint

So I am disappointed - and I didn't know where to write it except for here. So, I have been using Spotify for a while now, and just recently decided I wanted to get Premium again. But last time, I used just the normal Spotify. So this time I was like...

• Casual Listener
  • So I am disappointed - and I didn't know where to write it except for here.     So, I have been using Spotify for a while now, and just recently decided I wanted to get Premium again. &nb...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Display Name for Account is Showing Wrong, please help!

We connected this account to a Facebook page not knowing that it would cause the display name to change. We need it to change back! Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • We connected this account to a Facebook page not knowing that it would cause the display name to change. We need it to change back! Please help! 
  • uCatholic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Spotify is **bleep**

I have trusted Spotify with my money and with my music library, I am now abroad and every song I have downloaded and made available offline dissapeard and came back onto my iPhone but none of it is downloaded, my phone is now trying to download some ...

• I have trusted Spotify with my money and with my music library, I am now abroad and every song I have downloaded and made available offline dissapeard and came back onto my iPhone but none of it is d...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maxis Subscription Issues

Hi , i am an Maxis One Plan 158 user , i would like to upgrade my existing free spotify account created via facebook , and it has an error that says : Error , Sorry , this Spotify account is already tied to a Maxis number. Please try another or creat...

• Hi , i am an Maxis One Plan 158 user , i would like to upgrade my existing free spotify account created via facebook , and it has an error that says : Error , Sorry , this Spotify account is already ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

so I've moved to Australia

So I've moved to Australia and I can't log in to change my country settings as I didn't realise I could only use Spotify abroad for 14 days.starting to get really annoyed as I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving. Is there a number I can call to ...

• So I've moved to Australia and I can't log in to change my country settings as I didn't realise I could only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. starting to get really annoyed as I'm paying for a servic...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift Card Purchase

I'm trying to purchase a gift card, but I can't figure out what format to use for the delivery date. I tried MM/DD/YYYY as it shows in the example, but it returns Invalid Format. That's the same response I get for any format I try. Can someone help??...

• I'm trying to purchase a gift card, but I can't figure out what format to use for the delivery date.  I tried MM/DD/YYYY as it shows in the example, but it returns Invalid Format.  That's t...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook Name Problem (Very Important!)

I change my Facebook name but does not change my Spotify display name. Help me pls.

• Regular
  • I change my Facebook name but does not change my Spotify display name. Help me pls.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Music

Last night I was on Spotify and I went to download a song and it deleted all 691 of my songs. I didn't even hit delete. What happened? Is there a way I could get my songs back..?

• Last night I was on Spotify and I went to download a song and it deleted all 691 of my songs. I didn't even hit delete. What happened? Is there a way I could get my songs back..?
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find my profile our playlists in Search after making Public

I purchased the family plan so my kids would stop changing my music on their ipad.. Trying to get my sons playlists on his ipad by searching so he can follow some of his original playlists, but can't find them in search. I have searched for the playl...

• I purchased the family plan so my kids would stop changing my music on their ipad..   Trying to get my sons playlists on his ipad by searching so he can follow some of his original playlists, ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Study abroad in Indonesia

Will I be able to use my German Spotify premium account during my study abroad in Indonesia?

• Will I be able to use my German Spotify premium account during my study abroad in Indonesia?
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family Activation Link didn't work

Please reset my Family Activation link. It was buggy. It asked my husband for a password without even trying to create an account for him. My password didn't work. Please helppppppppp, there's no other way to contact you

• Please reset my Family Activation link. It was buggy. It asked my husband for a password without even trying to create an account for him. My password didn't work. Please helppppppppp, there's no oth...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes