Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Charging me for 3 month deal and student discount

When I check my bank account, it says I've been charged for the student discount (when I had my other Spotify account under the username jenaferdoubleyou but deleted it because I deleted my Facebook), and the 3 month deal. I don't want the student di...

• When I check my bank account, it says I've been charged for the student discount (when I had my other Spotify account under the username jenaferdoubleyou but deleted it because I deleted my Facebook)...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought Premium, doesn't work

I just bought the 0.99 for 3 months premium for Spotify. I reinstalled and logged out on both my computer and phone and it still doesn't work. Anything else to try? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought the 0.99 for 3 months premium for Spotify. I reinstalled and logged out on both my computer and phone and it still doesn't work. Anything else to try? Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help changing my country from CA to USA

I have a spotify account through facebook and therefore I cannot change any of the normal profile settings including country. I moved to the U.S., but my Spotify won't let me log in because the country of my account doesn't match the country I am in....

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify account through facebook and therefore I cannot change any of the normal profile settings including country. I moved to the U.S., but my Spotify won't let me log in because the count...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account

Well I got spotify premium for .99¢ and i forgot my password and i guess my account got deleted because when i look it up i cant find it. I just want to make sure its deleted.

• Well I got spotify premium for .99¢ and i forgot my password and i guess my account got deleted because when i look it up i cant find it. I just want to make sure its deleted.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charging you twice

Fiz a assinatura premium, recebi duas mensagens, onde o valor de R$ 1.99 foi adicionado tambem uma de R$ 11.00 reais.O que devo fazer?Agradeço desde já. Did the premium subscription, received two messages where the value of R $ 1.99 was added also a ...

• Fiz a assinatura premium, recebi duas mensagens, onde o valor de R$ 1.99 foi adicionado tambem uma de R$ 11.00 reais. O que devo fazer? Agradeço desde já.         Did the...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Purchased the 3 month premium for .99€

Just purchased the 3 months of premium for .99€. I don't want premium after that. If I cancel my subscription now, will it end my premium now? Or will it just not charge me after the three months??

• Visitor
  • Just purchased the 3 months of premium for .99€. I don't want premium after that. If I cancel my subscription now, will it end my premium now? Or will it just not charge me after the three months??
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Student Discount Issue

I am having an issue with the student discount available for Spotify premium users. Logged in today to change payment options and noticed that my account had somehow been taken off the student account status, and Spotify returned back to charging me ...

• I am having an issue with the student discount available for Spotify premium users. Logged in today to change payment options and noticed that my account had somehow been taken off the student accoun...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

being charged for an account I can't have access to >=(

I recently signed up for the 3 months of premium for 99 cents for my sister. After I filled everything out including my payment information it accepted and Said I already have an account and I was still charged.My account is under the email one email...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently signed up for the 3 months of premium for 99 cents for my sister. After I filled everything out including my payment information it accepted and Said I already have an account and I was st...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I have a Free account created with Facebook. I want to delete it

I have a Free account created with Facebook. I want to delete it but transfer over all my music collections, playlists, and followers. I don't care what they are saying. I don't feel safe on FB, but want to keep my spotify. If you don't help, I'll ta...

• Visitor
  • I have a Free account created with Facebook. I want to delete it but transfer over all my music collections, playlists, and followers.   I don't care what they are saying. I don't feel safe on...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in

I had my account for about four months and now I tried logging in and it said my email wasn't recognized so I had to sign up all over again hate that I lost all my saved music/playlist

• I had my account for about four months and now I tried logging in and it said my email wasn't recognized so I had to sign up all over again hate that I lost all my saved music/playlist
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change of one the users within the Spotify Family Account

Hi there,I'd like to know if I can make changes to the specific accounts connected to a Spotify Family Account without having to cancel it. I know I cannot change the number of accounts, but can I admit a new family member to join under the family ac...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I'd like to know if I can make changes to the specific accounts connected to a Spotify Family Account without having to cancel it. I know I cannot change the number of accounts, but can I ...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

.99¢ trial period is charging normal price

I signed up for the .99¢ for three months trial period. I was charged 99¢ for my first month but now my account is telling me that I'll be charged the normal $9.99 for my second month. Any ideas as to why it's doing this before the trial period shoul...

• I signed up for the .99¢ for three months trial period. I was charged 99¢ for my first month but now my account is telling me that I'll be charged the normal $9.99 for my second month. Any ideas as t...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log onto Spotify.

Hey I was listening to Spotify a few minutes ago until I was logged out. When I try to relog on with Facebook, it gave me an error saying: "An error has occurred processing your login. Please try again." So I changed my Facebook password and tried ag...

• Hey I was listening to Spotify a few minutes ago until I was logged out. When I try to relog on with Facebook, it gave me an error saying: "An error has occurred processing your login. Please tr...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

country

My Spotify is linked with my Facebook account. And I just can't change my country. Even why, on Facebook I dont have this personal information, so it's not marked that I live on Brazil or anywhere. Now I live in Dublin and really want to use my Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify is linked with my Facebook account. And I just can't change my country. Even why, on Facebook I dont have this personal information, so it's not marked that I live on Brazil or anywhere. N...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Going from Normal Price to Student Price

I havr Spotify premium and I'm paying 10 bucks a month but I go to college now and would like to get the 5 dollar discount. How do I do this with my existing account ? I tried going to the student discount page and logging into it but it tells my I'm...

• I havr Spotify premium and I'm paying 10 bucks a month but I go to college now and would like to get the 5 dollar discount. How do I do this with my existing account ? I tried going to the student di...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to access new features?

I have seen quite a bit saying that podcasts, videos, and a new running companion are available on spotify but I cannot figure out how to access them. Can anyone help direct me?

• Casual Listener
  • I have seen quite a bit saying that podcasts, videos, and a new running companion are available on spotify but I cannot figure out how to access them.  Can anyone help direct me?
  • wllbdg
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in FREE mode...

Hello guys,this is my case number : 02994257 On May 25th, my subscription didn't renew (I still don't know why), and now I'm stuck in the FREE MODE. When I try to renew my subscription, it tells me to contact the customer support, but... the customer...

• Visitor
  • Hello guys, this is my case number : 02994257   On May 25th, my subscription didn't renew (I still don't know why), and now I'm stuck in the FREE MODE. When I try to renew my subscriptio...
  • kierlani
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium account suddenly says free, spotify support will not reply to my numerous requests

Hi, I have been trying to contact Spotify support over and over again and I'm getting no response. My account is Premium but everywhere it says "Free" and this is the second time it happened, mid-playing. I just renewed for the year in February, and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have been trying to contact Spotify support over and over again and I'm getting no response. My account is Premium but everywhere it says "Free" and this is the second time it happened...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't re-upgrade!

so I didn't know I did not have a reoccurring premium account. my premium subscription ended Monday and I tried to subscribe again but, I keep getting this message "Unfortunately, there is no support at the moment to make this type of change to your ...

• Regular
  • so I didn't know I did not have a reoccurring premium account. my premium subscription ended Monday and I tried to subscribe again but, I keep getting this message "Unfortunately, there is no support...
  • sarah9831
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cannot change Country Settings

Hi there! I live in Germany and today i decided to create a spotify free Account. But the country in my account settings was set to US and i can't change it. Sadly, the Box in the Account settings shows only "USA" as oppertunity. Greetings

• Regular
  • Hi there!   I live in Germany and today i decided to create a spotify free Account. But the country in my account settings was set to US and i can't change it. Sadly, the Box in the Account se...
  • Leginiel
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes