Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • nord_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

payment

Hi,I have emailed Spotify and had nothing back! I have recently logged into my bank transaction to find I have been charged 9.99 by Spotify for something I have no idea about! I have no idea where you got my details from or what it is I've been charg...

• Hi, I have emailed Spotify and had nothing back! I have recently logged into my bank transaction to find I have been charged 9.99 by Spotify for something I have no idea about! I have no idea where ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Security
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists gone, Premium became Free account.

I had to log out and in on spotify yesterday morning, when I logged in again all my playlists where gone, and my account status was changed to free account, I have a premium subscription, and have never had this problem before, now I can't even reset...

• Regular
  • I had to log out and in on spotify yesterday morning, when I logged in again all my playlists where gone, and my account status was changed to free account, I have a premium subscription, and have ne...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Student Discount Question

Hi, I recently sent out a verification in order to get the premium student discount. I recieved an email from SheerID that says: Congratulations! We have successfully confirmed your status. You may now access the exclusive student pricing at Spotify....

SpotifyStudent.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I recently sent out a verification in order to get the premium student discount. I recieved an email from SheerID that says:   Congratulations! We have successfully confirmed your...
  • RollTide8910
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Please assist getting Student Discount

Greetings,My trial expired and I am trying to change to a US Student Discount.I searched help and found this:https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-I-get-the-us-student-discount-if-i-have-premiumbut when I try the steps, I don't see t...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings, My trial expired and I am trying to change to a US Student Discount. I searched help and found this: https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-I-get-the-us-student-discount...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Student Account

I have a regular free spotify account, but would like to get premium with the student discount as I am a student. My account is linked with my Facebook. The primary email now on Facebook is my college email. However, my Spotify account email is not u...

• I have a regular free spotify account, but would like to get premium with the student discount as I am a student.  My account is linked with my Facebook. The primary email now on Facebook is my...
  • willb
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Student subscription discount

Hello, I just recently (today) got charged $9.99 for this month's subscription. I am a student but had no idea about the 50% student discount until after discovering the charge. How can I get a refund and change my subscription or is it possible to h...

• Hello,   I just recently (today) got charged $9.99 for this month's subscription. I am a student but had no idea about the 50% student discount until after discovering the charge. How can I ge...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting the student discount

I currently have spotify premium and am signed up to pay $9.99 per month. I am a student and am trying to get the student discount. When I go from the student discount "get premium" link, it takes me to my account overview instead of the "tell us abo...

• Casual Listener
  • I currently have spotify premium and am signed up to pay $9.99 per month. I am a student and am trying to get the student discount. When I go from the student discount "get premium" link, it takes me...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

student discounts

I have verified that I am a college student successfully on multiple occasions, however, it is still saying I must pay $9.99 when I actually go to pay... I used to pay that price for premium but cancelled since I am a student. How do I get the studen...

• Casual Listener
  • I have verified that I am a college student successfully on multiple occasions, however, it is still saying I must pay $9.99 when I actually go to pay... I used to pay that price for premium but canc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I Would like a refund

I was chraged 10.59 to my card and I cancled my subscription before i got charged and I still got charged. I would like a refund

• Casual Listener
  • I was chraged 10.59 to my card and I cancled my subscription before i got charged and I still got charged. I would like a refund
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I think I'm using someone else's account

I tried to create an account, Spotify said my email was already in use, so I changed my password and logged in. But the there was already a birth date and country listed (neither mine) and also recent activity which isn't music I listen to.

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to create an account, Spotify said my email was already in use, so I changed my password and logged in. But the there was already a birth date and country listed (neither mine) and also recen...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected Spotify account to wrong Facebook account

I connected my Spotify account to the WRONG Facebook account mistake and I can't figure out how to reset this. In account settings I clicked on 'Connect to Facebook', BUT I didn't realize that my friend was logged into my computer under HIS Facebook ...

• I connected my Spotify account to the WRONG Facebook account mistake and I can't figure out how to reset this.  In account settings I clicked on 'Connect to Facebook', BUT I didn't realize that ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Canceling my premium subscription didn't work

Hello, yesterday I canceled my premium-subscription since I registred for Spotify over my mobile provider, but Spotify billed me again for one month. Can you retransfer my money to my account and cancel the subscription, please? Thanks!

• Hello,   yesterday I canceled my premium-subscription since I registred for Spotify over my mobile provider, but Spotify billed me again for one month. Can you retransfer my money to my accoun...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving abroad permanently

I will be moving from the UK to Nigeria permanently, would I still be able to use spotify? Spotify free isn't available in Nigeria, and if I upgrade to premium how would I keep up subcriptions from Nigeria?

• I will be moving from the UK to Nigeria permanently, would I still be able to use spotify? Spotify free isn't available in Nigeria, and if I upgrade to premium how would I keep up subcriptions from N...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! trial offer.

I tried the trial offer on my phone, i need to know when the trial is up. Idk if it gets set through email or automatically charged. Really need to know since i dont know how much it will charge me.

• I tried the trial offer on my phone, i need to know when the trial is up. Idk if it gets set through email or automatically charged. Really need to know since i dont know how much it will charge me.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging into Facebook based account without Facebook

I created a Spotify account with Facebook. There are some places I would like to log into spotify without having to log into facebook. What are my log in credentials I use to log into my spotify account?

• I created a Spotify account with Facebook. There are some places I would like to log into spotify without having to log into facebook. What are my log in credentials I use to log into my spotify acco...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

change from premium to Student account

Hi, right now I am having a normal Premium spotify account, but I found out that there is a Student account wish saves me 5 Euros a month.Does someone knows how to change it? Because I want to keep my existing account and my playlists and don't want ...

• Hi,   right now I am having a normal Premium spotify account, but I found out that there is a Student account wish saves me 5 Euros a month. Does someone knows how to change it? Because I wan...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unidays Discount

I've had a unidays discount for a while but for the last few months I have been charged full price for my premium subsscription. Why has the discount stopped? I've contacted unidays and they have said it is a Spotify problem and nothing to do with th...

• I've had a unidays discount for a while but for the last few months I have been charged full price for my premium subsscription. Why has the discount stopped? I've contacted unidays and they have sai...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged twice but only subscription ends in 1 month

I was charged twice on March 2nd, however unlike the FAQ my subscription shows that it will end on April 1. I have cancelled my premium membership for the time being, but I think I should either still get to use premium for until May 1, or be refunde...

• I was charged twice on March 2nd, however unlike the FAQ my subscription shows that it will end on April 1. I have cancelled my premium membership for the time being, but I think I should either stil...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Student Discount - double payment

Dear Support, at the beginning of the year, spotify offered a free 3 month premium time. That's why I started to use premium/spotify.After this time (I thought exactly 3 month), I wanted to change to spotify student premium. Unfortunately the 3 month...

• Dear Support,   at the beginning of the year, spotify offered a free 3 month premium time. That's why I started to use premium/spotify. After this time (I thought exactly 3 month), I wan...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Old Version Download? For Mac?

Hello all! I'm not enjoying this newest Spotify update. For the last update I had technical issues and I was able to redownload an old version of Spotify to avoid them. Does anyone know if an older version is still downloadable? I can't find a link t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all!   I'm not enjoying this newest Spotify update. For the last update I had technical issues and I was able to redownload an old version of Spotify to avoid them. Does anyone know if...
  • brenta3
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes