Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Einloggen möglich, Playlists laden sich nicht!

Hallo liebe Community, seit einiger Zeit werden meine Playlists beim einloggen über Facebook nicht mehr wie vorher selbständig und automatisch hochgeladen sondern, ich sehe zwar das ich angemeldet bin aber ich komme nicht weiter zu meinen Playlists. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo liebe Community,   seit einiger Zeit werden meine Playlists beim einloggen über Facebook nicht mehr wie vorher selbständig und automatisch hochgeladen sondern, ich sehe zwar das ich an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recover Deleted Playlists

Hi. I need help. I have deleted my wife's playlist with 380 songs on it. Is there any way of getting this back? I am really in the doghouse...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I need help. I have deleted my wife's playlist with 380 songs on it. Is there any way of getting this back? I am really in the doghouse...
  • ajcbutler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with spotify premium

Hiim are also having problems logging on to spotify premium, I am paying for the service but cannot access my playlists on iOS devices, I see the playlists on the iPhones but get the message that spotify premium is required for on demand streamingCan...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi im are also having problems logging on to spotify premium, I am paying for the service but cannot access my playlists on iOS devices, I see the playlists on the iPhones but get the message that...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium account disappeared 2 weeks ago.

Hey everone, i've been sending several requests to the contact form but received no help. I've got a problem with my Spotify account, and i don't know how this happened. The problem is that it's as if i had a new account; i've lost all my playlists a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everone, i've been sending several requests to the contact form but received no help.   I've got a problem with my Spotify account, and i don't know how this happened. The problem is tha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium

Today I try to open Spotify in Windows 8, I got a message that said "unable to initialize the storage of temporary files", I use the web to login my account, I find that all of my playlists have disappeared and Spotify doesn't recognize I have premiu...

• Today I try to open Spotify in Windows 8, I got a message that said "unable to initialize the storage of temporary files", I use the web to login my account, I find that all of my playlists have&nbsp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicated account

Hey there, I used spotify before it could be linked with facebook. I stopped using it for a while and when I tried to log in I didn't remember my password, but I saw that i could log in with my facebook account. Now I'm trying to edit my profile acco...

• Visitor
  • Hey there, I used spotify before it could be linked with facebook. I stopped using it for a while and when I tried to log in I didn't remember my password, but I saw that i could log in with my faceb...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sam Flax - Child of Glass

So I like Sam Flax. When I try and play the "child of Glass" track I get a message up top that says: "Cant play the current track" What causes this and how can I make it stop? Thanks in advance.....

• Casual Listener
  • So I like Sam Flax.  When I try and play the "child of Glass" track I get a message up top that says:   "Cant play the current track" What causes this and how can I make it stop? ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching Facebook accounts?

HI I've been with spotify for a while now, so I've accumulated a massive amount of music and multiple playlists. However, I signed up using my facebook account. That facebook account NEEDS to stay inactive due to some things that don't need to be gon...

• HI I've been with spotify for a while now, so I've accumulated a massive amount of music and multiple playlists. However, I signed up using my facebook account. That facebook account NEEDS to stay in...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I need to logout from all of my devices!

My friend is using my Spotify without my permission, we live far away from each other and he doesn't want to log out! HELP!

• Casual Listener
  • My friend is using my Spotify without my permission, we live far away from each other and he doesn't want to log out! HELP! 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't let me log in

I get emails saying your trial has ended, would you like 30 days free? I click yes. It directs me to safari, which I click 'try premium for free' button. I then start to sign in with spotify user details, because I don't have Facebook.. I put in my d...

• I get emails saying your trial has ended, would you like 30 days free? I click yes. It directs me to safari, which I click 'try premium for free' button. I then start to sign in with spotify user det...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment issues

I got an email that my payment failed but when I check my bank account I've been charged for it before I even received the email. What do I do? I don't want to be charges more than once.

• I got an email that my payment failed but when I check my bank account I've been charged for it before I even received the email. What do I do? I don't want to be charges more than once.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't upgrade - going around in circles

Hey, I have been trying to upgrade to spotify premium from the free version. When I hit upgrade it sends me to facebook to enter my password (why does is have to link to facebook!), which I do, which sends me back to the upgrade screen, when I hit en...

• Hey,   I have been trying to upgrade to spotify premium from the free version. When I hit upgrade it sends me to facebook to enter my password (why does is have to link to facebook!), which ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, why you are so mean to me *lol* delete my account PLEASE!

Why does this company not give a **bleep** about its users? I tried contacting them many times and never got a response, I want my account deleted becasue they are not able to get it fixed. Probably nobody working at spotify will read this... so this...

• Regular
  • Why does this company not give a **bleep** about its users?   I tried contacting them many times and never got a response, I want my account deleted becasue they are not able to get it fixed...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

NUS student discount

Hi, How can I add my NUS student discount to my account?

• Hi, How can I add my NUS student discount to my account?
  • spotibitch
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unidays discount not working

I applied a the UniDays discount to my account in September and after checking my bank statement and online on spotify it said I was paying the full price. I then tried to apply the disocunt again and it said that it has already been applied to anoth...

• I applied a the UniDays discount to my account in September and after checking my bank statement and online on spotify it said I was paying the full price. I then tried to apply the disocunt again an...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Someone else seems to be using my email but not my account

Hi! I've been getting emails for a couple of months that there's an issue with my payment. The emails however are adressed to another person with another name, and there is NOT an issue with my payment on my account. Today that person also ordered an...

• Hi! I've been getting emails for a couple of months that there's an issue with my payment. The emails however are adressed to another person with another name, and there is NOT an issue with my pay...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone is using my account how to kick them off

Someone's using my account how to I kick them off?

• Casual Listener
  • Someone's using my account how to I kick them off?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Email Already used when changing email

Hello, I am trying to change my email because my current one got locked now i need to change it to another email address just incase i forgot my password but when i change it to another email i get a error like email already used by another account.....

• Hello, I am trying to change my email because my current one got locked now i need to change it to another email address just incase i forgot my password but when i change it to another email i get...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Limited time, I don't understand

Hi, I am not new to Spotify but I stopped using it when they started to play too many ads between songs. A friend told me it got better and that I should use it again, I've always liked this program so here I am. But I didn't know there was a daily l...

• Hi, I am not new to Spotify but I stopped using it when they started to play too many ads between songs. A friend told me it got better and that I should use it again, I've always liked this program ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes