Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Receipts history

how do I delete my receipts? I would not want to keep record.

• Casual Listener
  • how do I delete my receipts? I would not want to keep record.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete Playlists from Phone

If I delete a playlist from my phone, will it also delete from my desktop?

• If I delete a playlist from my phone, will it also delete from my desktop?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to Create/Link an Official Artist Spotify Account?

Hi, I'm in a band that is on Spotify. Since the follow feature has been introduced, our label has asked us to create an official artist spotify account. I already have a personal account, but I created another one with the band's information so that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I'm in a band that is on Spotify. Since the follow feature has been introduced, our label has asked us to create an official artist spotify account. I already have a personal account, bu...
  • youblewitfl
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

My spotify application doesn't recognized that I'm a premium user. It won't allow me to playback my music list. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify application doesn't recognized that I'm a premium user. It won't allow me to playback my music list. Please help!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downgrade from unlimited to free

I wish to downgrade my account today from unlimited to free. I've already cancelled my subscription but it takes place in june. I need it as soon as possible to be able to set up premium subscription through another payment service. How can I fix thi...

• I wish to downgrade my account today from unlimited to free. I've already cancelled my subscription but it takes place in june. I need it as soon as possible to be able to set up premium subscription...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I paid for Unlimited last night, still not upgraded

I paid for Spotify Unlimited last night, I got the conformation email and the money has left my account, yet my account has not upgraded... my username is Replux, and I can provide a transaction ID if needed.

• Visitor
  • I paid for Spotify Unlimited last night, I got the conformation email and the money has left my account, yet my account has not upgraded... my username is Replux, and I can provide a transaction ID i...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Access Withdrawn

Also my Nexus 4 doesn't show up on my devices when I connect it to the same wifi as my PC. Any fixes?

• Music Fan
  • Also my Nexus 4 doesn't show up on my devices when I connect it to the same wifi as my PC. Any fixes?
  • GQ
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't find a user who is not on my Facebook?

hi, my spotify account is hinged to facebook. user i am looking for based in UK and not on my Facebook, is there any limitation to who you can find and follow?

• Casual Listener
  • hi, my spotify account is hinged to facebook. user i am looking for based in UK and not on my Facebook, is there any limitation to who you can find and follow? 
  • kayliescomet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Trial payment not working

I cannot sign up for the 30 day trial, I have tried 4 different devices, both at home and work and I get stuck on the "Validate and Finish" step, with the screen saying loading please wait. My browser reports the following Javascript error, it may no...

• I cannot sign up for the 30 day trial, I have tried 4 different devices, both at home and work and I get stuck on the "Validate and Finish" step, with the screen saying loading please wait.   ...
  • cjentan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi My account is synced up to my brothers facebook account, i need to have it disconnected so that I can connect to my own. User: Fiddax Thanks a bunch! //Fredrik

• Hi    My account is synced up to my brothers facebook account, i need to have it disconnected so that I can connect to my own.    User: Fiddax   Thanks a bunch!  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium Not Working on Computer or iPhone

Hi, today I got premium to stream songs on my iphone and when i go to the account overview it says i have the premium account. However, whenever i try to make a playlist available offline on my computer or play songs on my phone (the playlists do syn...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, today I got premium to stream songs on my iphone and when i go to the account overview it says i have the premium account. However, whenever i try to make a playlist available offline on my compu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline Access Withdrawn

Hey I need to get my device list reset, because I can no longer do offline mode for one of my computers. Is there a way to get more than just 3 devices?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I need to get my device list reset, because I can no longer do offline mode for one of my computers.   Is there a way to get more than just 3 devices?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked - I can't change my password; able to post because I didn't quit the windows app

Help! Someone apparently either guessed my password or figured out some other way to change the email. My email was and has always been h - a - g - s - 2 - k *at* g - m - a - i - l - dot com (without the dashes, obviously). Look up my historical info...

• Casual Listener
  • Help! Someone apparently either guessed my password or figured out some other way to change the email. My email was and has always been h - a - g - s - 2 - k *at* g - m - a - i - l - dot com (without...
  • hags2k
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists have gone

Hi, i was wondering if my playlists were stored anywhere? They're not showing up on my spotify! I have noticed that i'm not the only one with this problem! Thanks Rachel

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i was wondering if my playlists were stored anywhere? They're not showing up on my spotify! I have noticed that i'm not the only one with this problem!   Thanks   Rachel
  • rachbaker9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account

I have had the premium since Feb. I am trying to get the offline to work on my IPad, I have loged out and loged back on in both Facebook and Spotify. It still says my trial period has ended. HELP

• I have had the premium since Feb. I am trying to get the offline to work on my IPad, I have loged out and loged back on in both Facebook and Spotify. It still says my trial period has ended. HELP
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone showing 48 hour trial

I had some problems with facebook and tried to exit. This was all good until my spotify quit working. Should have to have facebook for a service I pay for, right? But anyway, I reactivated facebook and reinstalled spotify. My account shows I still ha...

• I had some problems with facebook and tried to exit.  This was all good until my spotify quit working.  Should have to have facebook for a service I pay for, right?  But anyway, I reac...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook and Spotify account to different accounts?

Hey,For some reason I had to redo my Premium subscription and I did it from the Spotify Homepage logged in as myself.Today I noticed on my Spotify Account I created years ago, I've got no premium. But if I log in with my Facebook account, I've got Pr...

• Visitor
  • Hey, For some reason I had to redo my Premium subscription and I did it from the Spotify Homepage logged in as myself. Today I noticed on my Spotify Account I created years ago, I've got no premi...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I subscribed to premium but it says only 2 days...

Hello: Today I tried to subscribe to premium from Spain in order to have 1 month free and later to use 30% discount in Spain. But when I subscribed, Spotify charged me 9.99€ (no free month and no discount) and then I downloaded Spotify to my Samsung ...

• Visitor
  • Hello: Today I tried to subscribe to premium from Spain in order to have 1 month free and later to use 30% discount in Spain. But when I subscribed, Spotify charged me 9.99€ (no free month and no dis...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to connect to Facebook

Good Afternoon, The other day I stupidly disconnected my Spotify from Facebook through the option in Preferences in Spotify desktop for Windows. I want to now connect it back to my Facebook account again however it brings up an error 'unable to conne...

• Gig Goer
  • Good Afternoon,   The other day I stupidly disconnected my Spotify from Facebook through the option in Preferences in Spotify desktop for Windows. I want to now connect it back to my Facebook ...
  • JasonHibs1
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Sync

I have a premium subscription, I just want to know if I am syncing the playlists for offline listening on my phone, I would be downloading the songs again on my phone or will it be transferring the songs over WIFI?

• I have a premium subscription, I just want to know if I am syncing the playlists for offline listening on my phone, I would be downloading the songs again on my phone or will it be transferring the s...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes