Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

login rejects my password/username but password reset says my username is already used!

login rejects my password/username but password reset says my username is already used!

I have a free plan and although liking Spotify enough to consider a subscription I am not inclined at all right now (and couldn't even if I tried). I'm on Win 10.

I am at a standstill.  I had to use a reserve email I rarely use just to create a new account so that I could ask for help here!

I can't log in because it rejects my password and/or username.  When I try to recover/change my password though it says my email account doesn't exist.  If i try to create a new account with the same email account it says it is already being used. This is ridiculous that I can't get help of any kind at all without creating a new account with an email I never use.  Any support or community help I seek requires me to log into an account but that is my problem!  Any suggestions to fix my problem direct me to I 'log into my account...'.

They provide a street address, I suppose I could send a paper letter 🙂

2 Replies

Hi there!

Is it the same email address provider that you set up new emails on? Have you tried any different email providers to see if it works? Or maybe setting up an account on a different device and going through that route to acquire technical help?

Best wishes,

A

Hey @vrdaze.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Do you think someone might have gained access to your account and changed the email address registered in it?

If you think is the case, follow the steps from this page and we will solve it for you 🙂

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts