Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums/Playlists Never Load on Android

Solved!

Albums/Playlists Never Load on Android

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Question or Issue

Since Monday 19th August, Spotify on my phone has been unusable. The app loads the home page, and search results, and even the contents of artist pages (albeit without album art and very slowly). However when I click into a playlist or album to load the track list, it will never load, just the green loading circle forever.

Also, if I try to play my last played song, shown at the bottom of the screen, it may eventually start playing, after about 5 minutes of loading. 

Spotify is unaffected on my PC or Web player. I have tried deleting the cache and data, reinstalling the app, I have even reset my entire phone. Same issues as before all this troubleshooting. I am at the end of my tether, please help! 

Screenshot_20190825-155931_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If the issue persists try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If the issue persists try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account.

Hope it helps 🙂

As my original post said, I already tried clearing all data, reinstalling the app, resetting my entire phone - none of this worked. 

What did work for me in the end was 'logging out of all devices'. Turns out my work colleagues had been using my account all the time in the office and maybe I was signed into one too many devices?

Hey @SpencerChrist,

I'm glad it worked out.

If you need help with anything else in the future let me know 🙂

Suggested posts