Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android P

My Question or Issue

When I share via Facebook Messenger, the select contact page that comes up shows the old Messenger design. This doesn't happen with any other apps when using share via FB Messenger. 

I tried uninstalling Spotify and Messenger but no luck. Anyone else facing this issue?

It's entirely cosmetic, but it really annoys me

[Moderator edit - removed images due to sensitive info]

Screenshot_20190506-181803_Spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Interesting, when I select the More options in share via, and then select Messenger, it brings up the new design (see picture). It is only the quick share option on the app that uses old design. 

Any way to fix this or change it to the new design?

Screenshot_20190506-182613_Messenger.jpg

Hey @Greigybear.

Thanks for posting in the Community about this.

We've reported the issue that you mentioned to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

We'll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Thank you, will keep an eye out for further replies ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Weโ€™ve passed this on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If youโ€™re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you make sure to provide us with the following info, if you havenโ€™t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Thanks! Weโ€™ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience.

We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the update. I think the Messenger share option on the shortlist in Share via is pointing to the old one. It shows the new one when I go into Share via More and select Messenger. 

If there was a way to refresh the Share via short list that shows when you first hit Share, it would fix it I think. Or give the option to select which ones show in the short list. 

How is this short list populated? 

I know other people on same device don't have this issue. 

I am still experiencing this issue, on several different devices over the last few months, and even tried with a different account.

Strangely, it shows the correct (updated Messenger UI) when you hit Share and go to more options then select Messenger, but when you select the quick option under Share it shows the old UI.

It might be better if the Share button on Android app launches the standard Share picker Android options that are used by every other application. You could also fix this issue by allowing users to override the quick options available to them when they select Share within Spotify app, and select their own ones, as the one inside the more options shows the correct UI. The app just seems to be holding onto the old UI under the quick options.

Strange, but I guess it only annoys me so much since I share lots of music with friends and family.

Suggested posts