Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app asking to get premium

Android app asking to get premium

Despite having a premium account, the Android app has suddenly started asking me to get premium. I have tried logging out and logging back in but to no avail. I do not face this issue on my iPad. 

Do not comment on this thread if your suggestion will be to reinstall the app. I have over 12 GB of music and am in no mood to download everything all over again. I would much rather delete Spotify all together.

Refer to the attached screenshot to see what I am greeted with in my library. The songs are still on my device as I have verified that by checking the storage being used by Spotify in my app manager. However, I am unable to play anything offline.

Screenshot_20190518-193717_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend double checking that you're accessing the right account.

If you are, you can also give a try to the steps provided in this support site article.

It's also worth a try removing any devices listed here, in case there are issues with your Android device's cache. If it's showing up more than once in the list, removing and performing a clean reinstall should do the trick.

On another note, since you mention that the app is asking you to upgrade even though you're on Premium, we'd also recommend taking a look at this Ongoing Issue that our tech teams are currently investigating. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts