Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Spotify Connect volume from outside the app

Solved!

Control Spotify Connect volume from outside the app

When using my iPhone X or my Samsung Galaxy S8 I can control Spotify Connect's volume for my Sonos or Echo Dot when Spotify runs in the Background or the Phone is locked. However on my Pixel 6 this is not working. The only way to control the volume is from inside the app. If Spotify is running in the background or the device is locked its not possible.

Is there something that I have to enable for this to work? Or does Android 12 not yet support this feature?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @_kevin_pham_,

Thank you for sharing your post on the Community!

This is an odd behavior, but there are some things we can check here.

To start, please go to your phone's settings and make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and Background App Refresh is on. 

If the issue persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @_kevin_pham_,

Thank you for sharing your post on the Community!

This is an odd behavior, but there are some things we can check here.

To start, please go to your phone's settings and make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and Background App Refresh is on. 

If the issue persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So sorry for taking so long to answer. I learned its an Android 12 issue that will have to be fixed by Google.

Hey @_kevin_pham_

Thanks for letting us know that. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts