Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily mix won't open

Daily mix won't open

When trying to open one of the daily mixes 2 until 6, they won't open and the screen is shown, which you will find as an attachment. Daily mix 1 is opening, most of the times. I already removed the app and cache from my tablet and phone and installed it again. That didn't work. 

The daily mix works on the web version in windows 10 and on an old iPad 2. I guess this must be an android issue. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

One Plus 6 and Huawei MediaPad M5

Operating System

Android Pie (9) both devices

My Question or Issue

Can you please fix this,, so that the daily mixes are opening again? 

Screenshot_20190619_194030_com.spotify.music.jpg
IMG_20190619_210947.jpg
59 Replies

The latest version that can still access the daily mixes for me is
8.5.6.673. However, it is slow.

The latest version I can get the daily mixes to work is 8.5.6.673. However, it's slow to access.

Is everyone here that is having trouble with this the main holder of the family plan? Is that the issue?

Another factor I'm wondering about is how the accounts were set up. For me and my family, I set myself up years ago logging in through Facebook. I tried to change that and wanted to login directly to Spotify, but at the time there was no way to unlink from Facebook and login any other way.

Sometime relatively recently (about a year or so ago) I was able to set myself up to login directly. When I upgraded to the family plan and invited my family members, they signed up and logged in directly. They never gave Spotify any Facebook information.

So, the 2 things that are different between my account (which is having trouble with the daily mixes) and my family members' accounts (which are working just fine) are:

1. My account was set up years ago and theirs were recent.

2. Spotify is linked to my Facebook account and theirs are not.

Anyone else with a similar setup?

Thanks for the reply. That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all... But I assume one of the moderators could do this? My version at the moment that still works fine is 8.4.99.111, in here it also takes a bit of time to load the daily mixes.

I am not the main holder of the family account. However my account setup status is just like yours.

1. Setup longer ago

2. My account is connected to facebook as well.

I haven't seen anyone on this topic that would be a moderator. I've seen zero responces or aknowledgement from spotify on this thread or on others regarding this topic. It would be nice if we had something—even if it wasn't helpful, just to know that they hear us.

So you're not the primary account holder? Ok, so maybe we can rule that out.

Are you the only family member with this issue? If yes, how long ago did your other family members join and and are they connected through Facebook?

If other family members are also having issues, when did they join and are they connected through Facebook.

Basically, I'm trying to see if there is a connection between those that are having the issue and those who are not.

I haven't seen someone from Spotify or a moderator here either, maybe open up a helpdesk ticket and point them to here and the other post on the forums? So that this issue can get the attention it deserves?

Let's make one thing clear and that is that this issue for me only occurs on my android phone. On Windows (laptop) or on the Ipad there is no issue at all. So for me this makes clear it's only in the Android app where something is going wrong.

My other family members don't have the issue, but if I login with there account on my Spotify on Android there is no issue either. Those other accounts aren't Facebook connected, and are more recent then my account is. So I do assume that there is something not working properly with the facebook connection or that something has changed with newer account setups.

May I ask what country you are from? Or at least are you from within Europe also?

Yes. This is exactly my situation. Works everywhere except on Android and
only having this issue with my account.

So far the connection seems to be Facebook. Any one else?

I forgot to answer you last question. I'm from the USA.

In my case it is exactly the same as described. Older account, Facebook,
family account.

It appears, by the way, that the daily mixes are playable through Android
auto in my car....

Yes. I forgot to mention that. Android Auto seems to be using the old interface—no hearts or dislike buttons (just the plus sign), Liked Songs just says "Songs" the way the use to, and no access to podcasts. It's like for those of us that are using an older version of the app to get to the daily mixes, Andriod Auto seems to be already in the older version state.

I am from the Netherlands 

Hi Bernd_1965. Looks like you are the OP. This thread is growing. My original post about a month ago at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Can-t-open-play-Daily-Mixes-on-phone-app/m-p/4416070 has seen no action. So I'm being vocal over here.

If I have time tonight, I'll try to reach out to Spotify and point them here about our issue. If others can do the same, maybe they'll hear us. 

Sounds like a good idea. How can we reach them? This isn't, apparently, the way to reach them..... 

Supposedly, the best way is through Twitter at @SpotifyCares. But I don't
have a Twitter account, nor do I want one.

I'm planning on using http://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
unless I find a better way.

I'm the main family account holder, which was started a few years ago but not tied to Facebook. Other members seem to not have an issue.

I am from Canada.

Ok than we can rule out that is is a country/region specific problem as well. I do have Twitter and will point them to this thread. Android auto works for me as well with the latest Spotify version.

What I tried so far to get it solved:

1. Clear cache

2. Remove data and later the app

3. Remove Spotify folders from my phone

4. Restart my phone

5. In my Spotify account: removed offline devices and log out everywhere

6. Reinstall the Spotify app

To be continued...

OK, I sent a message to https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/ and we'll see what happens.

OK folks. I'm your guinea pig. I little bit of back and forth with support and they dertermined that it must be an account issue. This is partly obvious as my other family members do not have this problem. However, that doesn't explain why it works on Android Auto or in earlier versions of the app.

They gave me a dummy account to test and that worked (just like signing in as another family member). So they determinded that it's an account issue.

So, the solution they came up with is to create a new account. Not what we want to hear, I know.

Working with the agent, he disassociated my email from my account—clearing it so that I can reuse it to sign up for a new account.

He kept my old account for 1. just in case, and 2. to transfer content.

I had to fully log out of my account, then signed up for a new account.

Then he transfered everything from my old account into my new account. My playlists tranfered fairly quickly. Liked Songs, Artists, and Albums took a minute or two, and I had to log out and then back in for them to show up—but they did. (I was in a chat window with the agent. I kept asking questions and I wouldn't just say OK until I confirmed that everything transfered over.)

Now for the caveat. This is a new account (with your playlists and favorites/likes copied over). This has 2 issues.

1. Your family account will be discontinued. If you had just paid up, the agent will refund you that money. You will have to subscribe to the family plan again and reinvite your family members. Your family member's account will be temporarily suspended (due to the family plan being canceled) but not deleted (I guess they'll be on the free plan until you sign back up for family and invite them back).

2. Since this is a new account, you wont have any history, thus no daily mixes or discover weekly. You'll have to use Spotify for a few weeks for it to become reacquainted with you. So, unfortunately I can not confirm that this has worked because I have no daily mix to test.

It makes sense that this is some sort of account issue in that we have not yet found a clearly definable commonality between us that are having this issue. And there are plenty of people without this issue. However, at this time, I can not whole heartedly confirm that this has fixed the issue (but my gut tells me that it will). I will have to play with it for a few weeks to see what happens. Maybe this is a good chance to reset some things (trying to find the silver lining).

Ok, good to hear that things are most certainly solved for you so quickly! The Twitter service isn't that quick, so maybe the other contact opportunity is better 😉

I will see if I will take the chance to get a new account as well, however the daily mixes that are gone makes me doubt it a bit more as I use them very ofter and I can live with an older Spotify version. I am still wondering why this issue with the account then only happens on Android, must have some reason I guess.

Thx for your feedback and goodluck with the new account!

Yeah, I was hoping that the next update might fix this, since the earlier versions work, there is something going on with the update, account issues or not.

I didn't think that they would respond so quickly and would look into it a little deeper and maybe aknowledge the issue then address it in the next update.

But given that my other family members don't have this issue, there must be an issue my account also. So I figured I'd give it a shot.

At the moment, everything is working. However, Since I'm now "new" can't test the daily mixes for you all.

I'll report back when I have new information.

Suggested posts