Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do You Change the Shuffle Play Button on Android?

Solved!

How Do You Change the Shuffle Play Button on Android?

I have the Spotify app on my Pixel 3 (Android) phone.  When I open an album or playlist I see a big green Shuffle Play button.  I typically want the album or list played in order.  How do I change that button to Play as the default?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @KingWeenis

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The play button on top of a playlist will always activate shuffle. To play in order, you have to choose the first song of an album/playlist/artist. 

After taping the first song, you can also make sure that shuffle icon_shuffle.png is turned off, so the rest will play in original order as well. You can do that in the now playing view in full screen, or by taping the three dots icon_options_android.png

If you have an idea on how to improve Spotify, e.g. replacing the shuffle play with play button, you're always welcome to post that in the Idea Exchange part of the Community. 

For more details on that, make sure to check out this series of articles

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @KingWeenis

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The play button on top of a playlist will always activate shuffle. To play in order, you have to choose the first song of an album/playlist/artist. 

After taping the first song, you can also make sure that shuffle icon_shuffle.png is turned off, so the rest will play in original order as well. You can do that in the now playing view in full screen, or by taping the three dots icon_options_android.png

If you have an idea on how to improve Spotify, e.g. replacing the shuffle play with play button, you're always welcome to post that in the Idea Exchange part of the Community. 

For more details on that, make sure to check out this series of articles

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hello,
This is not good!
We want big play button without shuffle !!!!!!!!!!

Hello @tomero

Keep in mind that you can play in order, regardless of the button. To play in order, you have to tap the first song. Also make sure that the shuffle is turned off. 

If you're interested in seeing just a play button instead of the shuffle button, I'd recommend adding your +VOTE here

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Thank you Emilia - I voted.
I wish there was a setting to choose what the play button will do - shuffle/play first song by order

Suggested posts