Loading podcasts very slow

Solved!

Loading podcasts very slow

Plan Premium

Country Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

My Question or Issue

Loading or browsing through my podcasts takes forever. It doesn't matter whether I am on wi-fi or on 4G; it will take at least one minute to be able to see my podcasts. (The loading-thing keeps on circling around). I regularly empty my caches and delete previously downloaded podcasts, but it doesn't help. What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a remedy for this problem by changing the storage option (In settings: "Storage -Change where to store your music data") from my SD card to my device.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue with an iPhone 8. Loading the list of Episdoes or Shows can take over 45 seconds at times.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have the same problem on the same phone (s7).

Most annoying thing is that you really need to remain on this screen waiting for a minute and you're not able to multitask at the same time. 
This only applies to the tab 'episodes' ('afleveringen') and 'shows'; 'downloads' are shown directly.
Can we have a confirmation that our request is being processed? 
Thank you! 

Best regards Arthur 

ed1bada8-181b-4254-ac34-acaf8209e353.jpg

This is exactly my problem & I've tried multiple remedies, too. Nothing's worked. The few suggestions on bandwidth don't seem to be the problem as it hasn't correlated. Why's no one replying? How do we get atm to this?

Marked as solution

I have found a remedy for this problem by changing the storage option (In settings: "Storage -Change where to store your music data") from my SD card to my device.

Thanks for sharing your remedy!
Very odd though there it is quick with loading downloads and slow with loading new content..

Yes me too! 

My app was using internal storage on my S8.  Was unbearably slow as OP said could be nearly 1 minute waiting for my dozen subscribed episodes to load.  Never had any delay with any other podcast program.

I really liked the simplicity of Spotify that you could play and then queue up additional postcasts so I could exercise with several in the queue.  However, it didn't work as expected if there were episodes queued up from the previous day.  Sometimes it would play the first podcast and then start playing yesterday's.

I've downloaded Google's podcast player which looks superior.  Very fast, simply queue system, it shouldn't be this hard that posting here about this is necessary ffs!

Any fixes to this apart from using internal storage? As a premium spotify customer i am using the feature which enables me to download music onto my device, so i have to use my external SD card for Spotify. This should not mean i am unable to have a smooth podcast loading experience like on other podcast apps, surely?

Can this be fixed somehow? It takes sometime 70 seconds to open a "show" and load podcasts...download is quick, playback is quick etc... but this 1-2 minute waiting to actually select a podcast to download is torture..esp since you cant do anything else, you ned to have the app open on that page etc..otherwise the entire "wait time" resets! for a 200bn "tech" company this is crazy no?

Just coming back to this post randomly almost exactly a year after my first reply... I still have the issue, and it's even worse. It isn't just podcasts - trying to load "my music" and look at my list of saved albums can take foooorrrevverrrrrr. When I can finally load a song and press play, it sometimes will just stall out there, never actually playing the song until I switch to a different song.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback on this.

If you experience slow loading of the podcast section, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Perform a clean reinstall.
  2.  Try using a different internet connection. 
  3. Make sure that no cache clearing apps are activated for Spotify.
  4.  Go to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  5.  Go to Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  6. Check your SD Card for errors (try moving the data to your device's internal memory and remove the SD card)

If that doesn't fix things, let us know the make and model of the device where the issue comes up, as well as the OS and Spotify versions. It would also be very helpful, if you post a recording of the problem. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Video option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hello
i had already performed a clean reinstall, restarted the phone, internet
conenction has no impact, all other podcast apps are running fine no delays.
In spotify it takes 40 seconds to load a list of podcasts under "shows"
I had already allowed all permissions and disabled battery optimisation.
The SD card is fine.
I am running the latest spotify app (as i just reinstalled it from google
play) on Samsung Galaxy s7 latest android version for this phone.

I am a premium user of Spotify Android. Only one thing seems to help, that is to use a VPN and set your location to one of the centres where Google have great server resources. I think the problem has more to do with Google than with Spotify.

Is there a way to move only the podcasts to device?  I have too many songs to store on my device, hence why I need/have/am using external SD...

Hey @albertoengr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

At the moment, the app doesn't have an option to move just podcasts to the SD card and vice versa. However, you can post it as an idea on our Ideas Exchange board, so it could be open for voting and reach the relevant team to be taken into account. We'd also recommend checking out the guidelines to avoid any early rejection.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Pixel 7 Pro, I don't have external storage, everything is local/device, but Podcasts are still VERY slow to load (more than 60s to open)

Hey @albertoengr,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your mobile device. You can do this following the steps in this article. Be aware, afterwards you'll need to re-download any content to listen to when offline.

If this behavior persists after that, we'd like to check, is this happening no matter what podcast you select to play or does it happen when trying to play a particular podcast? If yes, it'd be really helpful if you sent us the link to it. You can do it by following the steps in this article.

Lastly, and as mentioned before in this thread, make sure that no cache clearing apps are activated for Spotify. If this behavior persists, check if you can replicate it by logging in on a different mobile device. If possible, you can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend, to open your account there and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, I do not have an external SD (all locally saved), but this is STILL happening (this time it took more than 2min to load).  This happens ONLY when opening the podcast lists "Your Episodes" and "New Episodes", all other playlists open and load immediately.

Hey @albertoengr,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, have you tried opening your account on a different device to check if you can replicate this behavior there? If you haven't, you can ask for the device of a relative or friend to open your account there and double-check.

On another note, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there? Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

It'd be great if you sent us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I cant get joe rogan podcasts to play. They juat sit like they are going to start but never do. Help!

Suggested posts