Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files wont sync with my mobile

Solved!

Local files wont sync with my mobile

So I was trying to add my AC/DC songs, that I have purchased time ago, to spotify since they don't have AC/DC, I created a playlist with my local files on the desktop app, then synced the playlist with my android device. I can see the playlist on my mobile but when I want to make it available offline it never download any tracks, they just stay in a gray color and I can't even play them. How can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The solution was easier than I thought, I just had to disable my antivirus firewall and all my songs started downloading on my phone. Thanks for your help anyway I really appreciate it! 🙂

View solution in original post

23 Replies

This might help you: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files/?in=search

Bear in mind that you must have more than 500MB free on your device.

Well that's what I'm doing, but whenever I hit available online, it doesn't download anything. Is it because the music I want to download (my local files) is not in Spotify? But that wouldn't make sense right? If I want to add my local files, it is because they are not in Spotify. 

When I select available offline, nothing happens, it just says: "Waiting to download"

Is your computer on when you hit available offline in your device?

Try making available offline the playlist in the pc.

Yes it is. I made them available on my pc too. After that, I check my phone, the playlist syncs immediately, but I can play any song, they appear in a gray color. When I hit available offline, nothing happens, it says: "Waiting to download", but it doesn't download anything at all.

Please, try logging out/logging in, or reinstall the app on your device. Then try again. If it doesn't work, please, let me know.

Ok, just one question, if I log out, would all my offline files will be deleted?

Nope. They'll still remain on your device... Hopefully. Normally offline cache gets cleared after a few days if the app cannot log in.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

The solution was easier than I thought, I just had to disable my antivirus firewall and all my songs started downloading on my phone. Thanks for your help anyway I really appreciate it! 🙂

Hi,

I have the same problem as the author but unfortunately I have tried all the solutions listed including disabling my antivirus. I have also done a fresh installation including deleting the cache but it was unsuccessful. I have never had this problem until recently. I hope you might have other solutions I can try out.

Thanks in advance.

Please ignore my last post. The reason why it was not downloading was due to a networking issue. A quick restart of my wireless router fixed this.

How did you do that I mean turn off antivirus? I am having the same issue. I downloaded the songs on my computer, they appeared in my local files, I added them to a playlist but couldn't play them so I tried to make them available offline but its just waiting to download.. Oh and I'm using the same wifi. Plz help

Hello MDOGBD, try to access your anti-virus settings. There should be an option to disable it permanently or temporarily. Most anti-virus softwares have a small icon in your Windows tray and you should be able to right click for options to disable it (that is if you are running Windows). Your question was not very clear. You should be able to play local files straight away on your computer. For ease of understanding, the computer with your local songs shall be called computer A. If you are looking to sync those songs to another computer (computer B) then unfortunately that doesn't work. You would have to have a copy of those songs on computer A transferred to computer B and listed under the local files section to play them.
If the problem is to do with syncing the local songs on computer A to your phone, try the solutions listed by the other posters on this page. If that doesn't help try restarting your router and your phone.
Hope this helps.

This solution works for me - thanks.  However I don't want to turn my firewall on and off to add files so has anyone come up with the firewall rule that would allow the spotify connection through?  Thanks

If you have Win10, there should be an option to allow Spotify through the firewall.  Unfortunately, mine is allowed and I still can't seem to sync local files to my phone -.-

Hi ema1596, have you tried the other solutions posted in this thread including mine?
If so, can you please describe the results after trying out the solutions? It will help the community diagnose your issue.

Ha um yeah....  I restarted the desktop client for Spotify a second time and it recognized my device and synced.  However, the only reason I wanted to to sync them was to play the over Chromecast, but to my extreme chagrin, that's not possible -.-

Ah right. Sorry I can't help you there. I don't own a chromecast

There's only a semi-good way around it. Rather than cast Spotify to the Chromecast (which denies the streaming of local files), you can cast the entire screen through the phone's settings. It's a bit slower and sometimes the connection fails, but it gets the job done if you really want to cast local files.

I can't sync my local files with my mobile. I've added them to a playlist on my computer and they appear on my phone in grey but won't download. This used to work on my iPhone and then I tried to add new local files and now my local files just say 'Downloading... Waiting to download'.

Can anyone help?

I've reinstalled Spotify on both machines (which means I don't even have my old local files downloaded anymore) and still nothing. 

Suggested posts