Local files wont sync with my mobile

Solved!

Local files wont sync with my mobile

sporting975
Regular
So I was trying to add my AC/DC songs, that I have purchased time ago, to spotify since they don't have AC/DC, I created a playlist with my local files on the desktop app, then synced the playlist with my android device. I can see the playlist on my mobile but when I want to make it available offline it never download any tracks, they just stay in a gray color and I can't even play them. How can I fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Local files wont sync with my mobile

sporting975
Regular

The solution was easier than I thought, I just had to disable my antivirus firewall and all my songs started downloading on my phone. Thanks for your help anyway I really appreciate it! :)

23 Replies

OviiiOne
Community Legend

This might help you: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files/?in=search

Bear in mind that you must have more than 500MB free on your device.

sporting975
Regular

Well that's what I'm doing, but whenever I hit available online, it doesn't download anything. Is it because the music I want to download (my local files) is not in Spotify? But that wouldn't make sense right? If I want to add my local files, it is because they are not in Spotify. 

When I select available offline, nothing happens, it just says: "Waiting to download"

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Is your computer on when you hit available offline in your device?

Try making available offline the playlist in the pc.

sporting975
Regular

Yes it is. I made them available on my pc too. After that, I check my phone, the playlist syncs immediately, but I can play any song, they appear in a gray color. When I hit available offline, nothing happens, it says: "Waiting to download", but it doesn't download anything at all.

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Please, try logging out/logging in, or reinstall the app on your device. Then try again. If it doesn't work, please, let me know.

sporting975
Regular

Ok, just one question, if I log out, would all my offline files will be deleted?

Daniel
Community Legend
Nope. They'll still remain on your device... Hopefully. Normally offline cache gets cleared after a few days if the app cannot log in.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Highlighted
Solution!

sporting975
Regular

The solution was easier than I thought, I just had to disable my antivirus firewall and all my songs started downloading on my phone. Thanks for your help anyway I really appreciate it! :)

PopoHappy
Regular

Hi,

I have the same problem as the author but unfortunately I have tried all the solutions listed including disabling my antivirus. I have also done a fresh installation including deleting the cache but it was unsuccessful. I have never had this problem until recently. I hope you might have other solutions I can try out.

Thanks in advance.

SUGGESTED POSTS