Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile de-synced from PC

Solved!

Mobile de-synced from PC

I've been using the Mobile app and Desktop app for a year now. Out of nowhere my mobile app has deleted all of my library and the playlists are all empty. On my desktop everything is still there though. I have tried uninstalling, clean uninstall/reinstall, using offline to 'reset'. I've tried logging out and logging back in on desktop and mobile. I've no idea what is going on or how to fix it. 

I've added screenshots of the desktop app and mobile app so you can see the difference. Seriously in need of help, this is driving me crazy.

292878651_338668045148700_1318516527402778720_n.jpg
292558891_371352835138446_5112985878783936571_n.jpg
unknown (4).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So since it sounded like this issue might be tied to the SD Card storage issue, I tried to change my storage choice in Spotify from my SD Card to Device storage (Spotify:Settings:Other:Storage) but it would not let me change the setting.

What finally worked...
Uninstalled Spotify
Unmounted SD card
Reinstalled Spotify
Changed storage in Spotify to Device instead of SD card (Spotify:Settings:Other:Storage)
Remounted SD card

Spotify Library was back!

Still got the "Internet not connected" message (when it actually was connected fine) but was able to click on the error message and a few other things and it finally went away   

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I've been having the exact same issue, only local files can be seen on playlists but all other songs are completely gone. Hoping we can get an answer and a fix soon.

This is occuring for me too. I can log into Spotify on my laptop and My Library is there. I can log into my account on another phone and My Library is there. But it will not come up on my Samsung A21 phone. It occurred after the Android update on appoximately July 6, 2022. But my daughter also has a Samsung A21 with the same update and her Spotify works fine. 

Hey folks, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall on both devices? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If so, and the issue persists, it could be related to this Ongoing issue that is currently Under investigation by the relevant team. We'd recommend subscribing and adding your +Vote to it, to be aware of any updates posted. 

However, if the issue you're having seems to be different than the Ongoing issue, let us know to continue investigating.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah I used that exact walkthrough to clean reinstall on both.

Also just checked and I cant play music on the mobile app either so it looks like its the same issue as that post. I'll follow it and hopefully we get an answer soon. Thanks. 

I posted on the other thread how I was able to fix ours yesterday. It would probably be on page 22 or 23.

Marked as solution

So since it sounded like this issue might be tied to the SD Card storage issue, I tried to change my storage choice in Spotify from my SD Card to Device storage (Spotify:Settings:Other:Storage) but it would not let me change the setting.

What finally worked...
Uninstalled Spotify
Unmounted SD card
Reinstalled Spotify
Changed storage in Spotify to Device instead of SD card (Spotify:Settings:Other:Storage)
Remounted SD card

Spotify Library was back!

Still got the "Internet not connected" message (when it actually was connected fine) but was able to click on the error message and a few other things and it finally went away   

Absolute legend!!!! This worked! Thankyou so much!

I didn't need to change the storage location in spotify, as soon as I re-installed it after unmounting the SD card it was all working again. Even after remounting the SD card it's working. Thankyou!

So awesome it worked without having to change the storage location! Thank you for posting.

Suggested posts