Music interrupted by notification/ring

Solved!

Music interrupted by notification/ring

user-removed
Not applicable

Listening to music on Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1, the music is always being interrupted by the notification sounds, like when I get a text. I cannot find the a setting that will stop this from happening, apart from getting rid of all notification and ringer sounds altogether, which I obviously do not want to do. Has anyone found a solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Music interrupted by notification/ring

Dre666
Try 'do not disturb' function and deselect when finished Spotify. I don't know if this availlable on any Android device. I work with Sony xperia with marshmallow
41 Replies

Spotify
Spotify
This sounds really odd, have you reinstalled the app at all yet?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Veneficus
Gig Goer

Not so odd. Happens with me as well (HTC One X, 4.1.1). Kind of makes sense to me that it would and I think it's an Android feature instead of a Spotify bug.

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes, I think it may be an Android feature, too, that the music gets interrupted by notifications, what I was hoping was that someone had discovered a way to turn this off, but I guess not. Perhaps in Android 4.2 such a setting will exist.

chrisguy13
Regular

From what I can tell this is partially related to android.  I just switched over from an iPhone  (to galaxy S4) and enjoyed the fact that Spotify, among other apps was "ducked" (volume lowered) when notifications came up.  No such luck on android, but I noticed that the Google Music app will (but not the stock music player).  

So it seems possible if the app allows it, but given the state of the Android app and the fact that someone had to hack every release just to get blue tooth support Im not holding my breath on any new features (I remember landscape mode taking ages).It's too bad Google's audio quality is soo bad, it's seems nice otherwise.

blindmouses
Gig Goer

100% an android issue. Only thing you can do is root your phone and re-develop some of the notification settings. 

GOOGLE :)

RickML
Visitor

Try this (on T-Mobile, Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.2):  Messaging -> Settings -> Notification Settings section, uncheck "Notifications: Make sounds and show icons in status bar when you receive messages".  Alternatively, to "show icons in status bar", leave Notifications checked, but "Select Ringtone: Silent" and optionally check or uncheck "Vibrate: Also vibrate when notified".

Credit:  applefan (Droidforums) Music Interrupted by notifications 

anarfox
Visitor

The behaviour is all up to the app developer.

http://developer.android.com/training/managing-audio/audio-focus.html#DUCK

Majkiboy
Casual Listener

Yea, this is an app issue.

It works fine with Youtube and PwerAMP. 

Click above posters link and/or feel free to read: http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1bi32i/one_of_androids_alltime_most_annoying_issues/

This issue is making me seriously consider an iPhone. This is so annoying and stupid.

I Want to listen to music without being interrupted all the time. And when I mute the notifications it is even worse because the music STILL STOPS!? 

People say that I should turn notifications off, but that is not a solution to the problem, I want and should be able to get notifications while listening to music, without the music pausing.

motoridersd
Regular

Come on Spotify, get on this. You FINALLY fixed the 4.4 KitKat album art, but this audio bug has been around forever.

One temporary workaround is to use Tasker or Trigger to automatically set the volume to vibrate when you play music, or insert headphones, or connect to bluetooth. 

It won't be a solution until the app is coded properly to use duck instead of pause.

I won't come back until this is fixed, for now Google Music is working wonderfully. 

SUGGESTED POSTS