Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app.

You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! 

This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see it soon.

You can check out this newly implemented idea over in the Ideas Exchange:

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
21 Replies

@Mattsuda,

the swipe song for queue feature is it for free users.

Hallelujah! I thought this day would never come!

@Flanstario1

The Play Queue features are only available for Premium users in the mobile app.

https://support.spotify.com/article/play-queue/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

why Spotify develops features only for premium. I'm fed up that spotify still doesn't do anything for free users to improve how playlists are displayed on android mobile

Finally some good news in this crazy world!

Cool

nice!

It doesn't work when I have Animator duration scale set to Animation off in Android's developer options. Please fix it if possible

Thanks for letting us know about this @miloszblach

Can you please please please add this feature to songs in search results too. Right now it only works with songs inside playlists/albums

Hi there @Addysmr,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The feature doesn't work in some places, such as the Recently Played list and the Liked Songs section of an Artists' page

Nice 

I really appreciated this piece. I often think of how much of a time suck and a mental drain diving into comment conversations can be. But sometimes it is worth it. At the end of the day, it's important to assert oneself and to attempt to have discussions about what matters to you.

Are you serious? This idea was posted 2015, that is 7 years ago. How about aiming for 7 weeks?

How can I Access this features inside my mobile should I update the Spotify App Web Hosting

7 years since the idea was brought up and about the same time since iOS got the feature, finally.

Doesn't work with playlist enhancement enabled...

This lets you quickly add a song to your queue with a simple swipe. In your playlist, all you have to do is swipe a song to the right, and you'll see a green box appear next to it. This means that it's been added to the queue.

Suggested posts