Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

As of this morning the "offline" status toggle in the android pull down menu has disappeared. It was such an easy way  to change to offline mode for a brief periode (e.g. When someone at home started listening Spotify on Google home or when on a train,..). You just had to pull down the notification menu and in the easy acces buttons there was a "offline" button. Now it's gone. Anybody else having this issue? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 9

46 Replies

Yeah, same for me.

Everything works well, but today i wake up and nothing.  Nice app update...

Spotifi Premium

Czech

Samsung Galaxy S9, last Android

Same.

Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F

Same issue. Galaxy Note 8

Same here. For me, this is a key feature as I mostly listen offline mode to save mobile data, but I also want to be able to switch into online mode quickly when necessary.

Premium plan in Germany, Motorola Moto G 5 running Android 8.1.0

Same here! It was the most useful feature! 

-Samsung galaxy s9+ 

Same here. Moto One

Same issue. It was broken for a couple of weeks/not working correctly and now it seems they pulled it altogether somehow. Pixel 3, latest build. Here's a link to the issue from a few weeks ago, that was marked as fixed. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-online-toggle-in-Notifications/m-p/4765490#M151684

I'd also like to point out that offline mode issues are happening more often than not this past year and are going unresolved for multiple software releases. I understand the desire for new features or layouts, but it's super important that you not break (or at least quickly fix) the key features of your paid subscription. Offline mode being chief among those features for a good many of us. If you need me, I'll be in Spotify build 8.4.81 and redownloading all my offline playlists and liked songs again. Cheers!

I had this issue yesterday after I got off of work. I pay per gig for my data, so the toggle is a savior for me so spotify doesn't destroy my data usage

The online / offline problem comes and goes but now that the toggle is gone, I can't do anything. It's been like that for a while but now with this, it's starting to become hella annoying.

I've got a LG G5 but judging by this thread, it's not a device problem.

Is Spotify ever gonna fix this, I wonder.

I had the exact same problem and thought I was the only one going through this. I uninstalled the app and reinstall again but it didn't fix it either. 

Samsung S9+, Android Version 9 

Same thing here... That button was helpful

Same here on note 9

same here. first the remove songs, now they remove useful features. nice 

Same here... 

MiA2

Could Spotify give any sort of indication whether this is a 'bug' or a 'feature' having buttons dissapear?

Same here! Galaxy s8

It makes me so sad, hope this is solve soon

Yes,  same here on Note9, Android Pie  Spotify premium version. It was so useful to pull down and enable, it's very awkward now when out running I just want a quick toggle and not need to go to app settings  It's a step in the wrong direction  

At least it's something. Before the update, I couldn't listen to any music anymore.

But you're right, the toggle was better.

Suggested posts