Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

As of this morning the "offline" status toggle in the android pull down menu has disappeared. It was such an easy way  to change to offline mode for a brief periode (e.g. When someone at home started listening Spotify on Google home or when on a train,..). You just had to pull down the notification menu and in the easy acces buttons there was a "offline" button. Now it's gone. Anybody else having this issue? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 9

46 Replies

I experience the same problem. I share my account with my girlfriend. We would take turns putting our app in offline mode. Now the toggle is gone. It also is not possible to put my app in offline mode using settings when my girlfriend is listening to music at the same time. When will this be fixed???

Let's summarize:

• Spotify Connect cannot be disabled which cause 10-15% Battery Drain on my Device
  • Offline-Functionality (which is the only way for the Spotify connect issue) does sometimes work and sometimes disable itself
  • Offline-Toggle is now removed
  • Offline-Mode within app can only be switched if the desktop is closed (only pause will not suffice in my case)

It really seems that I'll have to consider to switch to Google Music. I've tried it last year but was coming back to Spotify because I liked it and preferred their algorithm. But it seems they make everything just worse... 

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland 

Device

Sony Xperia Z2 Compact

Operating System

Android 9

Yes. You do seem to have a problem. The battery drain however points to a problem with the devices setup, not Spotify. This could also be causing your other problems. Have you cleared your Spotify cache not just in the app itself but also cache in app list? You could also consider a factory restart for your phones. Anyway best of luck, whatever you do. 

@maccyb1  schrieb:

Yes. You do seem to have a problem. The battery drain however points to a problem with the devices setup, not Spotify. This could also be causing your other problems. Have you cleared your Spotify cache not just in the app itself but also cache in app list? You could also consider a factory restart for your phones. Anyway best of luck, whatever you do. 

I'm sorry to disappoint you.

My Xperia XZ2 Compact was usually running for 2 days with one charge, even if I was listening to Google Music (which had a higher consumption due its akward offline functionality). Since End of 2018 I'm back on Spotify and my Battery last at best for 1.5 days and the only change was the move from Google Music to Spotify.

I'll have to admit that on my XZ2 Compact I've never had Spotify installed before End of 2018. But on my old Xperia Z5 Compact it always was quite "fine" with the battery consumption.

At work I do listeing almost 5 Hours on Spotify (Desktop) and if I was able to set the Offline Mode on my Phone the Battery lasted again around 2 days. So for my circumstances it's obvious that Spotify Connect is the culprit.

Even though my experienced Battery Drain is a bit offtopic... the Main Issue is still there:

We would like to have back the Offline-Toggle and the Offline-Mode should work as expected.

I do use Spotify since 2015 and back then the Offline Functionality worked like a charm. Todays it's seems buggy and now with this "Update" it's quite a pain. 

Ah well,  you will do what is best for you. You're not disappointing me my friend.  I don't work for Spotify, I'm just trying to advise you of some possible solutions. 

I would assume that an employee will offer a solution soon? Or are they not involved in these boards? 

I'm a newbie. I don't know. Lol. You could always contact Spotify technical support. I assume they have one. 

I tried to find some contact, but i didnt find 😄  so give me one please, ill contact them 🙂

Now i have offiicial information from support.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're here to shed some light on the subject.
 Our best tech folks are still looking into this, sorry to keep you waiting. 
 We understand this must be frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we've resolved the issue.
Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it.If you have any other questions or concerns, let us know.
 All the best,

Thanks for the update. Good to know! 

Shame we're still paying for this feature oh and the rush of service to be fixed. 

Still no replies in this topic from Spotify staff. That's a shame.

I'm just happy to know its a bug not a 'feature' for it to disappear. 

Still no response from staff or fix. How disappointing. 

Why is this taking so **bleep** long??

**bleep**! I GOT AN UPDATE! and still the same freaking **bleep**. 

I mean, I don't know how hard it is to put something back, when it shouldn't be gone at all. Otherwise having premium is just too much of a hassle to toggle on and off.

And now what?

Same thing happened to me woke up to get school went to pull it down wasn't there now I have to go to settings

Samsung galaxy s8 latest software

it is sad that 1 month past but there is no reply or fix 

I noticed this as well, and in addition to that the smaller playback menu that is also in the pull down menu is gone as well.

Suggested posts