Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

Offline mode toggle in android pull down menu is missing

As of this morning the "offline" status toggle in the android pull down menu has disappeared. It was such an easy way  to change to offline mode for a brief periode (e.g. When someone at home started listening Spotify on Google home or when on a train,..). You just had to pull down the notification menu and in the easy acces buttons there was a "offline" button. Now it's gone. Anybody else having this issue? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 9

46 Replies

Spotify first the pulldown menu offline toggle dissapeared now the widget to acces start and skip dissapeared. 

with facial unlock skipping to next song is not nicely implemented now. 

bring both back ASAP Spotify

JESUS CHRIST SPOTIFY. JUST FIX THIS **bleep** ISSUE. 

Yes, right, it's about time they did, isn't it. It could be an Android thing maybe Google stopped it, though why they would I can't understand. Maybe it'll come back on Android Q. But it's very disappointing that Spotify are completely ignoring the request and not offering any explanation.

Same here. I hate when developers remove useful features and add bad ux

Spotify, when are you guys FINALLY fixing this???

Yes fix it please. Going to drop my Premium payments...

I am quite annoyed because I was unable to use Spotify recently when flying. I have a playlist that is downloaded but would not play. I tried turning airplane mode on and off and then realised the offline mode link is no longer available. Google Pixel 6 pro, android 14, paid for Spotify account.

Suggested posts